Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm looking forward to this :)

Posters have appeared finally in the local CHAVOPLEX, not sure when the exact release date is.

Stars Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and ... Angelina Jolie (squirm) in full military gear with eyepatch (double squirm).

Saw the trailer when I was in Canada, imagine b&w 1930's pulp like Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers etc with magnificent FX and comic book theme. Like LXG, "retro-futurist", eg. Spitfires fighting spaceships :)

I don't know a bundle about the plot. Heard the director made the entire film without the actors (I think its entirely CGI besides the actors), it looked stunning - then showed it to the actors involved and said "I want you to be in this".

Fingers crossed - anyone else looking forward to it?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
yeh, looks ok. Not overlly excited though.

Also has giovanni ribisi in it, who will always be phoebe's brother :D

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Aye, it looks interesting certainly, with being shot entirely with cg backdrops. Read reviews of it saying that looks great but is let down by a fairly crap script and wooden acting (can't say i'm surprised, acting against nothing can't be easy)

There's a bunch of other movies shot in a similar way, Casshern (trailer), Immortel (trailer), and Sin City (no trailer :p). Interested in finding out how these all turn out (looking forward to these three more than I am Sky Captain in all honestly, mostly because of the premise of them than anything else) because they'll likely set the precedent of whether or not this type of production will be more prevailant in the future for adapting comic books and graphic novels to the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom