sky broadband conn probs

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, anyone else having/had problems with keeping a stable wireless connection on the (upto) 16mg Sky service? Got x2 pcs linked but when playing DAOC 1 or both goes ld pretty regular.I`ve checked the line with BT and theres nps there and Sky tech support is nothing short of farsical.After numerous 'tests' from around the world( you randomly get any call centre from India,Ireland north/ south,The Phillipines) i`ve had every reason under the sun given to me for the problems without any being a cure.I`ve even now been told my lines to far from the BT exchange to even get the (upto) 16 meg im paying for and the 'tech' person claims thats why its going off and on..... Any ideas folks apart from'gulp' going back to NTL <shudders> :m00:

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
When d/l stuff i`m getting anything from 100k- 170k(its never stays on 1 its up and down:) ). It`s almost like the signal being given out by the router is`nt very strong.If i go LD and /esc out of game the little monitor icon in toolbar is searching and im back on the net in seconds.I`m not the most clued up on these kinda things tbh but i know Rodelsb has also had the same probs with Sky and constant lds.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
its wireless, try using something with wires...

but can you get a stable connection on both pc's w/o daoc running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom