Skins ?

B

Boney

Ive downloaded a few plane skins. But the text files say to put them in the texture folder.

I havent got a texture folder ??

C

Cdr

Hi,

I'm assuming what you've downloaded are some .dds files. Unfortunately it's not as simple as as you may think to change texture files, and in theory has become harder since 1.4.

The texture folder you are needing is located within the texture.rfa file located under the mods/bf1942/archives directory. You'll need an .rfa extractor in order to extract these files and replace the old skins with your new ones. You'll then need to recompile the .rfa and put it back in the relevent directory in the BF folder.

However, since many people used to use this method for making the skins brighter or making them stand out more and easier to see, DICE / EA introduced a system whereby the server checks the files to make sure they are unaltered.

All is not lost, before the 1.4 patch which introduced the content checking, there was a mini-mod for BF which allowed you to manage your skins easily, and not have to bother with decompiling / recompiling. Its called Merciless Creations , it is compatible with 1.45, in so far as it will work. But, depending on what server you connect to, having Merciless installed my result in you being automatically kicked.

Hope this has helped.

Cdr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom