Skill stat cap advice

C

crookshanks

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of rerolling another Armsman (trying to avoid fotm pallies) - and thought I'd try a 2h just to be a bit different (total coincidence to the recently announced 1.65D changes).

Just reading some of the guides of www.classesofcamelot.com - I was surprised to read that taking a skill stat (ie. shield, slash, 2h etc) higher than your level offers no benefit what so ever! Now - I was under the impression that this was ONLY the case with Stealth, where going over 50 (so 39+11 say) offerered no improvement? I thought everything else helped - ie. a tank with 50 trained slash +20 from rr10 will have a higher weapon skill than another tank with 50 trained slash +11.

If this isn't the case - and you don't care about the natural styles from the various levels, it seems to be to be much better to spread your points about keeping stats around 39 to make up to 50 with items.

Can anyone put me straight on this please? Also - while on the topic of skill points - how does slash and 2h skills affect your damage/to hit chance? 2h determines your maximum damage while the base damage type determines the variance? Which affects weapon skill - both? Just how low can you leave the damage type before the variance becomes noticable?

I'm thinking 50 2h, 32 slash, 48 parry which should get slash to 45 by rr3.

Thanks in advance of any replies.

O

old.mattshanes

+11 is 150 weaponskill difference or around that.... which means damage be like 12% difference between them.(1200/150=8=12.5% or so) because 50 spec weapon at lv50 is usually around 1200 weaponskill at least this how i think it works i may be wrong.

O

old.windforce

^ yup

AND weaponskill determines the change you hit the bastid

more weaponskill >>> all else

for non-casters at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom