Skill over lvl 50. How big bonus?

S

Shaki/Aeis

As I'm going to max darkness with my runy I wonder if it will be worth to use +darkness items.

How much more dmg will I do for every point above 50?

Oh and btw does realm rank ignore the cap of the skill?

P

- Pathfinder -

RR is on a different table than item bonuses, if that's what you mean (ie you can have +11 from items and +3 from RR4, for example). Damage wise your spells will probably not benefit alot from having more than 50 in your choosen line; some extra damage, but that's about it :)

M

Myshra

actually overspeccing in magic does not effect max damage, only spell variance of how much you hit on the target if your 50 in one line. after 50 it becomes virtually pointless as epic armour has enough +darkness for all you need. id try to cap my (pie i think it is for you aint it? well whatever you int equiverlent is), dex and con.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by Myshra
actually overspeccing in magic does not effect max damage, only spell variance of how much you hit on the target if your 50 in one line. after 50 it becomes virtually pointless as epic armour has enough +darkness for all you need. id try to cap my (pie i think it is for you aint it? well whatever you int equiverlent is), dex and con.

Are you sure? I know for a fact that overspeccing (50+) adds damage to smite, however that is quite a low add, and doesn't warrant the use of +smite items over stats :)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Quite sure that in all spells speccing doesnt increase the dam cap but rather lessens the variance of the spell damage thus speccing post 50 will do exactly that.

At least i think so..... tested that on a couple of me chars seemed to be a solid theory.

O

old.Irridym

Shaki, only reason to spec full 50 is if u really need the spells available at dark 50. I would save points for pbt on any template, it will save your life so many times. But then again u know what spec line i prefer... :cool:
---
Irridym 50 run-master

S

Shaki/Aeis

hehe Irri full supp;)

Nah I dont want pulse I rather get 50 darkness without items... and get the best AE spell and DMG buff.

What I was wondering about was if I should wear a jewel that give +darkness or a jewel that add dex/HP/resist.

At moment I think I will skip the one with +darkness as I will get pretty high with realm rank +other armor parts=) and in a while the epic armor.

Anyone know how much % I increase the dmg for each point after 50?

V

Vell

For spell lines, you do not increase the damage you do by speccing in it. You simply reduce the variance.

If the max damage for a spell is 350, then you will NEVER do more than that no matter how high your dark spec is.

The factor comes in when working out what the minimum damage for the spell is. With 1 in dark, you can do anywhere between 1-350. With maxxed out dark, it will be more like 320-350.

But you will never break that 350 barrier, if the max for that spell is 350.

O

old.chesnor

Not strictly true surely...

I have been smited in the frontiers for 500+ by Clerics, and there DDs dont approach anywhere near 500 :)

Don't forget lvl differences, debuffs, dmg type weaknesses. I think these all serve to increase the dmg in one way or another. The 350 advertised dmg is probably against even cons prior to any other dmg calculations being taken into effect.

V

Vell

Yes, all that is true. But they are factored in after the spec point modification to damage. They are all irrelevant in determining how high you should spec, so forget about them.

Each spell has a minimum and maximum damage it can do. The first thing that modifies this damage is your spec level in that line. But this only increases the minimum, it will not ever increase the maximum.

After that is worked out, then other factors are taken into effect, but those factors are irrelevant to the question asked....

D

Danya

cap is 3x listed dmg btw. So a 350 spell can hit for up to 1050 dmg. On the other hand no spell is that high anyway... :p

V

Vell

Originally posted by Dannyn
On the other hand no spell is that high anyway... :p

Heh, is it obvious I've never played a caster past level 6? :p

But I am still right!

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Dannyn
cap is 3x listed dmg btw. So a 350 spell can hit for up to 1050 dmg. On the other hand no spell is that high anyway... :p

well except pbaoe which is nearly that high at 325.

(and btw spells can hit over their cap ... when they crit which could double it. Imagine a crit when you hit for your cap on a pbaoe - 1950 damage !! )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom