Skalds

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Are they any good in Thidranki ?

Please can you give good and bad points - and what should a skalds best set up be for thid - thanks.

(I'm thinking troll, btw, but unsure on the specs)

Regnorm

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
Are they any good in Thidranki ?

Please can you give good and bad points - and what should a skalds best set up be for thid - thanks.

(I'm thinking troll, btw, but unsure on the specs)

Imo go twoll, and get a mourning rage :sex:

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Skald is fun in thid imo.. especially with mourning rage.. can duel (almost) anything solo if buffed and still preform good unbuffed. dd's+evernight is usually oneshot on bluecons with mourning rage (even as kobbie). Mezz really helps vs duos or more and mezz + 3 insta interrupts make it hard for casters to kill u. capped my kobbie in 2ish days (soloing and unbuffed 95% of the time)

I had 16+5 axe, 23bs, and 12+5 parry for spec and it worked fine.. u could lower the parry for 17 axe but i found it good vs meleechars. and ofc cap str,con,(qui),cha, hits and atleast meleeresists and body +weapon/parry

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I'd go troll, max str at char creation, and spec full axe, grab mourning rage then go and hurt people. 23BS is all good, but it sacrifices too much damage for utility which isn't much use in bg1 (imho!). Basically, max axe, rest BS, spare in parry. You won't parry much anyway in bg1, so parry is a waste (imho!).

This spec allows you to run solo/duoed with >> speed than most, all you rlovely interupting shouts, mezz etc.. and you hit like a truck. Which is nice. 23BS is nice, but I am not convinced it pays in bg1.

Xplo

Banned
Skalds are just unkillable solo :/

need sc though ;d

Regnorm

Fledgling Freddie
Chesnox said:
Personally, I'd go troll, max str at char creation, and spec full axe, grab mourning rage then go and hurt people. 23BS is all good, but it sacrifices too much damage for utility which isn't much use in bg1 (imho!). Basically, max axe, rest BS, spare in parry. You won't parry much anyway in bg1, so parry is a waste (imho!).

This spec allows you to run solo/duoed with >> speed than most, all you rlovely interupting shouts, mezz etc.. and you hit like a truck. Which is nice. 23BS is nice, but I am not convinced it pays in bg1.

Imo, those last 4 points into axe is too expensive, then better go like 20 axe, cause then you get the pillager style witch has a follow up; Plunderer. those are nice styles, they slow down your enemys swing speed and run speed so they can't run away from ye.
So here my favourite; 20axe+5, then go something like 19 or 20 or 21 BS, depends on what ye want ;) and rest parry.then youre very hard hitting with nice bs, and parry in melee :D

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
skalds are such fotm thid class :eek: , way too many of em running around..

dd , mezz , dd hit hit .. nasty combo

Troll is too ugly and too big , female norse or dorf 4tw :D

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
23 bs is to get away from the zergs and fg's.. they tend to like chasing down soloers. Im not saying it is impossible to play with lower bs, but harder I think (especially if you are a troll and fg's see u a mile away). Fortunately thid bards doesn't seem to know what lull is for, think I've been lulled twice during my 2 skald rerolls :p

And imo.. the speed is necessary for guerilla tactics ^^.. for example when u run into a fg and kill somoeone and want to get away with it.

Also you need speed to get away from the leechers.. really how many "clean" duels have u had in thid? When you are fighting someone everyone and his dog sprints to your loc and wants to kill you when you are low on hp.

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
I got a skald in bg1, i think i have the best possible spec for it, 23+5axe 18bs and i got 5+5 parry. I got strcap concap charcap and +AF so a parry more or less wont be too bad, tho i have mourning rage now, and 250str helps. I can win vs 3 stealthers i found yesterday, alltho they werent too good sc'ed by the looks, buffed tho, 3 ns's.
Name: Gekoeld
Race: Troll<duh>

I tend to spare opponents 1v1 if i really own em, that helps sometimes, one example, made friends with this ranger ama.. <something> 3 albs came, she shoots, they totally ignore me, go for the ranger, while i was hitting them all down. Funny night.

Skalds own, nice range on snare wich interupts 99% of the casters, because they cant find their qc button.

k thats all ;x

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
I have played about 7 skalds before TOA ( SC was available tho.. ) and i have made one on camlann aswell which is 32 now.. but to get to the point;

I'd say:

Troll
Cap Str/Con/Dex(not optional)/Char - don't cap Qui! ( twolls have a 35 base qui )

Grab a Mourning Rage ( i was hammer most of the time but that's just because I find axes gay :\ )

Spec it 23bs/17axe/rest parry or 20axe/~20bs/rest parry

tactic? - when charging into some peeps just mezz the one you think is a healer/tank and then bash away on the casters first..

start the fight with the dd's but don't waste snare if not needed(!)

..don't forget to get a small axe/shield to burst BT ( with a 6.0spd mourning rage and 35qui you will be hitting fucking slow but hard as a truck! )
then pop your Mourning Rage and swing.. ( probably alrdy dead but else dd's will be up again and you can kill him with that.. )

etc..

hope it helps.

sars

Fledgling Freddie
Skalds + bondancers, i dont touch solo anymore unless they blue con :)

"iwinevrytime"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom