Skald RvR

M

Moom

Hi, I'm thinking of making a skald for RvR cus im getting really bored of Hib now. So, i was wondering what a good RvR spec would be and if someone could give me an idea of the role of a skald in RvR?

Z

Zorin-

50 weap/43 bs rest parry

really nice rvrspec. best for trolls anyway

M

Moom

Well i went with a Norse for higher quick and dex with 2-handed axe, but i suppose that sort of spec would be good anyway.

E

-ElemenT-

44 Axe/Hammer, 46Battlesongs, 17 Parry
46 Axe/Hammer, 44Battlesongs, 17 Parry
50 Sword, 43 Battlesongs, 3 Parry

M

Moom

That 46 axe, 44BS, 3 Parry is looking pretty good. Can anyone tell me if it's really worth having much in parry?

L

lissandra

the best spec imo with the upcoming changes to skalds is imo 43 hammer 50 BS, hammer for snarestyles + you dont need to spec 50 for the good backstyle etc. 50 BS for the new highlvl dd.

P

Pansern

Thats the spec im going.... 50 BS, 43 hammah :)

C

Cyradix

You sure about that Parsern? :p

Anyway, other spec is :

50 BS, 39 axe/hammer, 18 parry

M

Makwaerk

imo reroll to troll at once.. no point in xp'ing all teh way to 50 with the "wrong" race.
Parry you don't need at all so don't get it imo, and go hammer imo 49 hammer 44 BS is bedst as it is right now, you don't need the lvl 50 style so get the dd at 44 bs.

M

Moom

Yeah i think i will re-roll a troll, it looks like i need to decide whether to spec higher in wep or BS, hmmmmm

A

aveh

47axe/46bs for me! And I LOVES IT :D

Ive tried 50axe/43songs, 49axe/44songs, 44axe/46songs, and 39axe/46songs, and my current spec is what I believe provides the best utility for a group-RVR skald.

The only spec that I can imagine competing with it is 43axe(hammer)/50bs post 1.65.

I havent seen or heard of a server where troll skalds fare any better than norse skalds, most of the time top 20 rps lists are totally dominated by norse skalds.

So thanks for comments like:
"imo reroll to troll at once.. no point in xp'ing all teh way to 50 with the "wrong" race."
Perhaps you should ask your guilds top skald what race he is. Or maybe the top two skalds on prydwen? They must hate being the "wrong race" too.

A

aveh

As for a skalds role in RVR:

1) Speed.
2) Following the assist train.
3) Interrupting/instamezzing healers/casters who escape the healer CC.
4) Chasing minstrels :D

Users who are viewing this thread