Skald final spec …

O

old.Ashgen

Hi

I have dragged my Skald to level 46 (with lots of help from my guild) and am at the point where I need to decide his final spec.

I was heading for 43 battlesongs and 50 sword, but with the up coming patch, and the new lvl 50 DD, I have been having doubts.

So, not professing to be an expert, I would appreciate some input and advice from those who know what the hell they are talking about.

Thanks

Ash

Z

zoia

As long as you have a minimun of 39 weapon and a minimun of 43 BS you can't go wrong. :)

50weapon, 43 BS, 2 parry - still a good groupspec after next patch since most groups have high resists.
47w, 46BS, 5p - if you don't go sword this is a nice groupspec for high weaponskill and good DDs.
46, 46, 10
44w, 46BS, 17p - which is the cookiecutter spec, but also a good solid spec even after next patch
50BS, 43w, 2p
50BS, 39w, 18p - imo you need to be a troll or have a few realm ranks for this spec to help boost your weaponskill.

There are other specs as well and all are valid. It depends on whether you want to do more damage with DDs or weapon or if you want to parry a little bit more.
Parrying is nice to have if you plan on soloing some.

I used to be 46, 46, 10 and like it a lot. Recently i respecced to 46BS, 40w, 25p and like that as well.
I wanted to see how i was doing with a lower weaponspec.
When we get next patch i want to try 50BS, 42w and 9p. I solo a lot and would like to have a little parry. :p
Who knows, maybe i'll end up at the classic 46, 44, 17 ;)

In the end it doesn't really matter what you spec as long as it suits your playstyle.
Good luck with your skald :)

S

scarffs

I'm 46bs, 44 hammer and 17 parry.
Wont be changing, its a good solid spec.

O

old.Ashgen

Forgot to mention ...

I am sword and a Viking ...

Does that make a difference?

And thanks for the advice :)

Regards

Ash

M

myrte

Sword is only worth it when you spec to 50 for Ragnarok imho. If you want to spec weapon below 50 I'd say hammer is the way to go.

H

haroat

aye... tbh skald is there for 2 things, 1. group support.. 2. high damage output, wudnt bother with parry except for leftovers... if u want the group support... then 50BS 44hammer hammer gives good snare styles, 50 bs gives u the last heal song aswell, that spec is also good for dmg output, but if u want higher weaponskill then 50 hammer 43bs rest parry... jus my opinion :D

Z

zoia

Originally posted by haroat
aye... tbh skald is there for 2 things, 1. group support.. 2. high damage output, wudnt bother with parry except for leftovers... if u want the group support... then 50BS 44hammer hammer gives good snare styles, 50 bs gives u the last heal song aswell, that spec is also good for dmg output, but if u want higher weaponskill then 50 hammer 43bs rest parry... jus my opinion :D
You can't get 44 weapon if you go for 50BS. 43 at most.
50 hammer is also a waste of points, since the 50 hammerstyle chains of lambast next patch.
With 2 points in parry, you wont be using lambast much :p
Better go 49 hammer, 44BS for the 44DD, if you want max weaponskill with a hammer.
Not sure those last two points in hammer make up for the loss of last damage add, but that's a matter of opinion. :)
In groups you often keep speedchant on anyway...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Good grief Ashgen, you're not finally going to get that gimp to 50 are you?

Go Ashgen, go Ashgen, go Ashgen, go Ashgen :D

O

old.Ashgen

Roo ...

Hi mate

I thought you left the game?

Fedaykin still going I see, which is nice :)

You never know I may get to 50, but it looks like I need s respec stone!

Good to see you mate, try and catch you on line :)

Regards

Ash

R

Roo Stercogburn

Nah, have never quit. Dec 2002-Jan 2003 I stood down as Fed GM for a while, but after the big split in Feb 2003 I took up the reigns again. I never quit, but a lot of people thought that I had made a goodbye post on BW, rather than a stepping-down post :)

Spent that time levelling my unguilded druid on Excal as a break (which may be why peeps thought I'd gone) and occasionally popping back to Mid but never actually quit :)

Feds never died, just had a rough time first half of last year :)

Aaaaanyway. Finish getting your gimp fully gimped, you got some skald lovin' coming soon next patch and its looking pretty good for skalds :)

Users who are viewing this thread