skald-charisma?

V

Vidfamne

I have been told skalds is suposed too have high charisma... yes that might be tru but then again have i been told its only good for dmg song not dds. I have a lev 41 skald atm planing too get too 50 some day and i will spec as most skalds do 50weap and 43bs and 2parry u dont use dmg song so much well ofc if u are on a raid or something but then again i have my warrior. So i have in mind too RvR alot whit her and in RvR skalds never use dmg song.

So it will save me alot of point on my sc to not add in charisma at first choise and there for make a better RvR skald.

plz correkt me if i am wrong

Z

zoia

Charisma increases the damage of your DDs. It doesn't make any difference on your damage add at all.

When 1.65 comes with the lower recast time of our DDs, from 20 sec to 15 sec, higher charisma will definately help on your damageoutput.
Don't think i'll be going 50 BS for that last DD, but a 44 and 43 lv DD should good enough. :)
With 50 weapon you will get the 43 DD and 26 DD, which is an improvement over what 50 weapon skalds have now; 26 and 34.

Imo, skalds should max charisma, even more reason to do so after 1.65.

Oh, and not all skalds go 50 weapon :p

A

asorek

have to agree, although the variance with base CHA and max CHA isnt THAT critical, ive been levelling using a mixture of max cha and base cha, swapping armor between fights, you certainly CAN get along without it...and tbh i dont use my DD's in RvR they waste power..i only ever use em when i think im about to be wtfpwnd..i save most of my power for the snare and mez for chasing down stragglers in grps... its your choice mate but im going to go without the max cha so i can have better resists and overall stats...i just personally feel it aint worth the xtra SC slots for the xtra dmg you get.// akthough im sure others will disagree but then it is MY template and so it should be your choice.

R

Rulke-RM

I think it also affects mana pool, which isnt a major issue since DDs were cheapened a few patches back, but still something to bear in mind.

Charisma also helps for chatting up the norsebabes :wub:

A

asorek

Charisma also helps for chatting up the norsebabes

that aswell.. but seeing as im a 2H Kobbie i gotta lower my sights to trolls and valkyns... :scared:

P

PaqMan

Originally posted by asorek
that aswell.. but seeing as im a 2H Kobbie i gotta lower my sights to trolls and valkyns... :scared:

I bet you can use 2 hands on norse babes to.. ,-)

K

katara

skald=charisma. i dont want to be something which i am not.
i am a skald, not e zerker ,not a savage.and charisma is priority for skalds.But my prob which i haven't solve till now is the new fashion with the 50 weapon.well i am spec with the classical way
44 weapon 46 BS 17 parry plus Mastery of parry1,and react good
in rvr parry have save my life many times.so i am not sure if i must turn to the new spec.is it really worth it??

L

Lumikki

Read something about charisma tests for skalds, think it was on the vn boards, and the results were pretty weird to say atleast. Worth to check it out if you can find it still.

xx

V

Vidfamne

blä

Originally posted by katara
skald=charisma. i dont want to be something which i am not.
i am a skad, not e zerker ,not a savage.and charisma is priority for skalds..well i am spec with the classical way
44 weapon 46 BS 17 parry plus Mastery of parry1,and react good
in rvr parry have save my life many times.so i am not sure if i must turn to the new spec.is it really worth it??

What is a skald today ???
All i see is how ppl /yell taxi lfg

And i will go 50 sword for ragnarok i have seen what dmg it does on nightmares in df (thx nicon for showing) and ill rather hit him hard whit my sword then a dd whitch is resisted all the time.

I wont be useing charisma as first prioretiy ill max resistand asn str con dex first hace low quicknes or are the gonna change the qucknes stuff?

C

chosen

Originally posted by asorek
have to agree, although the variance with base CHA and max CHA isnt THAT critical, ive been levelling using a mixture of max cha and base cha, swapping armor between fights, you certainly CAN get along without it...and tbh i dont use my DD's in RvR they waste power..i only ever use em when i think im about to be wtfpwnd..i save most of my power for the snare and mez for chasing down stragglers in grps... its your choice mate but im going to go without the max cha so i can have better resists and overall stats...i just personally feel it aint worth the xtra SC slots for the xtra dmg you get.// akthough im sure others will disagree but then it is MY template and so it should be your choice.

you stil live in the old patch when a DD costed like 15% of your power or something. Mythic reduced the power use for skalds, so i never run out of power in combat, like im sure i could've used 20-30DDs before im out of power..

A

asorek

no seriously i tried using my DD's in fights, i could pull off maybe 12-13 b4 i was out..and tbh they wern't much but fluff..resisted a HELL of a lot, i didnt see the point in wasting all that power when i could be using the single target mez and snare more.... just my play style, i dont get killed any more using them than not, mostly i use em for interupting casters....

However come the next patch when we get the 50 DD i WILL be taking my BS to 50 for that and keeping my weapon at its current level...then i most certainly will be upping my CHA to max..

i should end up with

50 Battle Songs
39 Axe / Hammer
18 Parry

Although i may go Hammer for the 39 Lambast parry bleed style.

other than that stay with the cookie cutter 50 Sword, 43 BS, 2 Parry

L

lemminkainen73

Charisma and DD damage variance

Hello,
Checked also the post about someone testing 50th level skalds DD damages regarding how much charisma he had... the result was like,

Cha100 --> DD damage 270 max
Cha190 --> DD damage 390 max

With new 50th lvl skald DD this % difference will be even higher i guess. Also enemies resisting skalds messes and snares would be considerable lower when having higher CHA, so people have reported so far.

Figure out self is that important or not, cha is main stat. This same question is always with "spell" hybrids, with mid/alb/hib hybrids, should i go for specific hybrid line all along or almost max or should i try make the hybrid more like base class like = tank or melee. Answer is that take full advantage out of the "spell" hybrid spesific like, this case Battlesongs, cause that is what makes you skald, i.e any hybrid.

Regards,
"Over 1000 levels DAOC experience"

Z

zmurf

Re: Charisma and DD damage variance

Originally posted by lemminkainen73
Regards,
"Over 1000 levels DAOC experience"

That's nothing u should be especially proud of ...

K

katara

well

i read many posts aboutt ressisting dd.
my charisma is at 190,and not often i see someone ressist my spells.

V

Vidfamne

blä

hmm ok ill have too reconsider my thougts then.

thx for the help guys

A

angrykid

Btw, you can most like, with decent items, cap any stat, hp, resists, skill with 3 MP items in your suit. :) I did it with Fanbelt, and he's 50sword/43BS/2Parry :)

D

duact

Re: Re: Charisma and DD damage variance

Originally posted by zmurf
That's nothing u should be especially proud of ...
you got over 20 lvl 50s in daoc ?

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Charisma and DD damage variance

Originally posted by duact

he could have done /level 20 50 times on various servers :p

Z

zmurf

Re: Re: Re: Charisma and DD damage variance

Originally posted by duact

No, and if i did, i wouldn't try to 'show off' with it, as it's clearly a waste of time, pve in daoc is borring, if u wanna pve play EQ or alike imo ...

E

etcetra

Re: Re: Re: Re: Charisma and DD damage variance

Originally posted by Pin
he could have done /level 20 50 times on various servers :p

well, thats not 1000 lvl's with experience, nor is 20 lvl 50's these days ;x

R

Rhuric

I will surly respec back to 44 weapon when 1.65 gets here if I am still around that is as GOA takes alot of time.......skalds aint killing machines, savages are, dont try being something you aint, I am 50 axe at the moment, cant say I see very much diffenece, maybe Ragnarok do the trick, but I aint for 1 style use only, and opening none sucks......Think hammer is the big winner cause of at the moment the only style line with much +to hit bonus on and some nice effects, like snare on opening back style. Maybe with the styles review it is gonna be better for the other weapon lines.

Also why not use dds in RvR?? it is great to have 4 insta spells to interupt with, well maybe it is just me or isnt skalds supposted to do what we are good at, not trying to be something else, if you wanna be a hard hitter, go roll a savage or something

A

asorek

whats the point of using dd's as they are now, fookin waste of power thats all they are atm, resisted to much to make em worhtwhile.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Vidfamne
So i have in mind too RvR alot whit her and in RvR skalds never use dmg song.

? why never ?

i allways use that

group rvr n solo ... wonder why u supposed to not use somthing that help u... :confused: :)

N

necrofill

to all of u there wont max charisma coz of resists.. thats the answer u more char u have u spell will resist and they also hit harder + it max u mana poll!!

V

Vidfamne

Re: Re: skald-charisma?

Originally posted by Silenzio
? why never ?

i allways use that

group rvr n solo ... wonder why u supposed to not use somthing that help u... :confused: :)

ok when u run in group u never has it on... try get in a RvR group and say u will swap too dmg unfer fights the vill kick u in a sec .....

no they wonk kick u but they say no dont swap...
if u run solo ofc u use dmg song but too run solo isnft fin anymore only 2+ infis ganking u or u meet the albzeg : ((

S

Silenzio

Re: Re: Re: skald-charisma?

Originally posted by Vidfamne
ok when u run in group u never has it on... try get in a RvR group and say u will swap too dmg unfer fights the vill kick u in a sec .....

mmm maybe im ewul since... i dont ask anything just swap wile in battle ;P

I

infozwerg

Re: Re: skald-charisma?

Originally posted by Silenzio
? why never ?

i allways use that

if i notice a skald in my group using any other song than speed, he gets kicked.

thats why :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom