Siphoning petrol

gohan

FH is my second home
I've been bored lately and feel I need a crime spree.......

also my car is fucked and I'm not gonna bother getting it repaired until I start uni in October. Got like 1/3 of a tank (20l or so) petrol and I don't want it to go to waste or go stale and fuck up my car once I get it fixed. What's the easiest way to siphon? and wahts the best way to clear the system so none lingers? or is it not really an issue if a small ammount stays in there too long?

I expect Laddeys an expert on these matters

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Cut a hole in the bottom of the tank with a blow torch. No more petrol will remain in the tank then.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I imagine there's a way to empty it from below....

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
do a ferris bueller, put it up on bricks and put a stick on the gas pedal

gohan

FH is my second home
I imagine there's a way to empty it from below....
there's not :( even the haynes manuel had no sugestion other than to say if removing the tank make sure it's empty by either syphoning it or using a hand pump....... very useful

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Length of tube. Petrol Can. Lung Power.

You'll get 90% of it. Just don't be dumb enough to get any in your mouth.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
plenty of vids on youtube. Just need a length of clear plastic tubing

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The Haynes manual should have instructions for replacing the fuel filter. Follows those instructions in respects to disconnecting the fuel line, should just flow out then.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That amount of petrol will not go "stale" in so short a period of time. Leave it in there.

gohan

FH is my second home
That amount of petrol will not go "stale" in so short a period of time. Leave it in there.
what is the time period? my car died mid Feb and I won't be getting it fixed until maybe August/Spetember

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That'll be fine. If you leave petrol in a bottle without a lid, exposed to sunlight, it'll go funny within a few months. In a pitch-black fuel tank though, sealed at both ends, nothing will happen for a long time, years perhaps. And if anything did happen, well that's why we have fuel filters.

If anything, you want to put more in there. People put their nice cars away for winter storage all the time, you never hear about them suffering problems because of it.

gohan

FH is my second home
cheers, that sounds better than drinking petrol xD

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What I would do though is keep an eye on the battery level, because the alarm will drain it. You can disconnect the battery but that would turn your alarm off (not recommended for insurance purposes).

If you know anyone with a battery charger, become their friend. Also, don't leave the handbrake on, because it might rust in position and be a pain in the arse to disengage. Leave it parked in gear, with the wheels turned into the nearest obstacle so it can't run away. And if the car is wet inside, dry it out. Mouldy car = horrible car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom