Single Player WW2 Games

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I was scanning through some old magazine DVDs and installed and played the Call Of Duty 2 demo, it brought back memories of playing the Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault demo way back, I loved it but never got round to buying the full game.

Besides CoD and MoH, are there any other good WW2 shooters for the PC in a similar vein ? I am more concerned with the single-player game now, I don't have the time to spend on multi-player anymore.

I loved Half-Life 2, and any WW2 themed game that can come close to that standard of play is good enough for me. I would even consider buying a cheap bargain bin remainder of one of the older games, if I could get hold of it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive got all 3 MoH games for PC sitting here you can have the lot for £30 posted :)
One of them was never even played ...

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Would anyone recommend getting CoD/CoD:UO Deluxe Pack or the MoH:AA "War Chest" (with Spearhead and Breakthrough) ?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Ive got all 3 MoH games for PC sitting here you can have the lot for £30 posted :)

Which games ? The "War Chest" sells for about £17 now :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Lol Oh bugger, yeah the Breakthrough and Spearhead expansion packs, plus the original game.
I would bother posting em for £17 tbh ... :(

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
xane said:
Would anyone recommend getting CoD/CoD:UO Deluxe Pack or the MoH:AA "War Chest" (with Spearhead and Breakthrough) ?

Definately. CoD 1 is fantastic, as is CoD 2. I have fond memories of MoH:AA, its great fun (difficult though)

The CoD games are quite short though, thats my only gripe. Otherwise they're fantastic. Brothers in Arms is very good as well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
MoH : AA was crap single player.

*walk out of door*
*get sniped immediately*
*quickload*

*repeat 3 times until you notice where the sniper shot came from*

*sneak out of door knowing exactly where to point your rifle to shoot the sniper before he can see you*

*quicksave*

*rinse*
*repeat*

Fucking genius design :rolleyes:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Wij said:
MoH : AA was crap single player.

*walk out of door*
*get sniped immediately*
*quickload*

*repeat 3 times until you notice where the sniper shot came from*

*sneak out of door knowing exactly where to point your rifle to shoot the sniper before he can see you*

*quicksave*

*rinse*
*repeat*

Fucking genius design :rolleyes:

That was only 1 level. :p And yeah it was very hard, but in real life you wouldn't know where a sniper was until you had your brains in your hand would you ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i got brothers in arms here if anyone wants to buy it, i found it a load of crap.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I downloaded the MoH:AA, MoH:pA, and two CoD demos and played them all, apart from MoH:AA which didn't work, a pity as I'd love to have played that again.

The CoD demos are great, I think I will invest in the Deluxe Edition that includes the United Offensive as well. I'll probably get CoD 2 next.

The only problem I have with CoD is it refuses to assign Mouse4 and Mouse5 (side buttons on the Explorer Mouse).

Thanks everyone, any more recommendations then let me know.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I know lots of people here didnt like it, but I thought Return to Castle Wolfenstien was one of the best WW2 games of its era.
Try Operation Flashpoint by the way. Its not WW2, more like WW3, but its still the best single player game ever in my opinion :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i used to love that on MP, SP was crappy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom