sin city!!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Oooooh Mmmmmmy GOD!!

wow i mean WOW how flippin cool is that lil baby eh??
if your a fan of comics ...... <cough> i mean "Graphic Novels" your going to love this

Marv for President!!!!!
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
i really want to see this just coz jessica alba = yummy hehe and bruce willis = action hero god etc.

but whats the plot? i knwo nothing about it, wish i had read the comics :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Seen it a while back on *cough* an advance version ;) Pretty impressed, it starts slow but by the end it is riveting stuff.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
whats the plot? whats the story? jaem told me its like one story through multiple eyes, but whats the story of?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ok wont go in depth cos dont wanna spoil it and cant remember how to do those back clicky revealy things.

basically you got 3 storys all set in "baSIN city" the storys cross eachother a little but not much (like 2 chars from diff stroies will be in same bar etc) its really hard to do this with out giving too much away .

The whole film is in this wierd black and white effect but some things are in colour (eyes, sometimes a dress etc etc) and tbh if it was shot in colour it would have been ruined. All the storys have a narrative going on by the main char of that story and it is so cool how theyve done it, theres a lot of cheesy one liners and in the story with clive owen he goes off you fight the bad dudes and britteny murphey leans out of the window and says breathlessy "You Fool"............"You Goddamn Fool" its such cheese but then if your a fan of comics youll recognise it all (and you done have to have read the sin city's any "grown up" comic will have had more of less the same lay out)

One thing i will say is that it is VERY graphic and gorey in places throughout the whole film (which i found great cos im a blood thirsty little sod) so if your squeemish i suggest you give it a miss.

Just go watch it i mean i didnt really get the film until about 10 mins in to it then i was well away, your either going to love it or hate it but every scene is shot like a fantastic comic book illustration (and i mean the whole thing is stunning) the actings fantastic, everyone puts in a grade A performance and usually my fave char is always bruce but micky rourke stole the movie ( and i dont even like that dude) from everyone else as Marv (2nd story).

right no more or ill be giving away plot lines, hope this helped a bit

Ez
xxxx

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

rar!

Nothing spoiled here luckily, but i'll come around once more!

[poiler] plot thing here [/poiler]

With poiler written correctly as spoiler ofcourse.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
saw it ages ago :eek:

brucey kills him self for all you bruce haters out there

:fluffle:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Conchabar said:
saw it ages ago :eek:

brucey kills him self for all you bruce haters out there

:fluffle:

hehe ooo :( well i know his death will be sad so that hasnt ruined it for me :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Very cool, but a bit worrying all that reference to torturing and raping young girls.
It would appear that the makers think that underage sex-torture-murder is very popular in the criminal fraternity.

I think it actually crossed over a dangerous line of glorifying the evilness of it.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Very cool, but a bit worrying all that reference to torturing and raping young girls.
It would appear that the makers think that underage sex-torture-murder is very popular in the criminal fraternity.

I think it actually crossed over a dangerous line of glorifying the evilness of it.

aparantly the yakuza make a large portion of there income by combining all that in one :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Job said:

i dunno i mean if youve got an EVIL dude theyve got to be really evil not just like "aw hay ill rob a bank and shoot a guard" diet coke of evil evil, and the bad duded in sin city were Eeeeeeeeeevul and the good guys were a little evil too (which i liked a lot) none of this weeeell you repent and i'll forgive and send you to jail cos im a ritious dude crap it was straight in there with teh hack saw)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Watched it, hmm was quite good, quite different from most of the movies out atm. :)

Filming style is abit weird, mainly black n white, but with a few things in colour, for example, some girls dress might be red, but rest is black n white.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Downloaded last night, not old enough to see film yet :p 5 months...

Will post review when I watch it.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
from the clips it looked like a max payne-esque atmosphere in the film... I hope they make a max payne film... storyline in both of the games was awesome.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
This film is sooo good.
I Fucking Love it. saw it twice on saturday.
and its Film Noir. thats why its black an white with bits of colour.
if u dont know what it means or why its like that i suggest ya go look it up as im to tired to explain right now.

p.s kevin freaks me out. but marv is so the best person in it!!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
kevin was freaky.
it was a brilliant film. its one of the few where i think i actually would watch it over and over and not get tired of it.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
NeonBlue said:
pretty dull & boring nothing to write home about
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Ooooooooooooooh Mmmmmmmmmmmmmy GOD!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but but but the amputations?? the dark plot lines?? the cheesy narrative??? but but WHAT ABOUT MARV!!!!!!!!! and the warrior hookers?? and and and the custard man!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THE CUSTARD MAAAAAAAAN!!!!

What more can one say???

<slinks off to a corner to cry bitterly and console the cherry bakewells>

spook

Fledgling Freddie
watched it a few days ago, and I have to say that I rather quickly came to think of Max Payne storytelling ;)

It's a cool movie, not only because I'm in love with Jessica (hey, who isn't?) but the mixing and jumping story liens are cool.

for an inexperienced movie watcher, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
spook said:
watched it a few days ago, and I have to say that I rather quickly came to think of Max Payne storytelling ;)

It's a cool movie, not only because I'm in love with Jessica (hey, who isn't?) but the mixing and jumping story liens are cool.

for an inexperienced movie watcher, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars :p

Jessica Alba :)

I saw it last night though it was a awesome film evil frodo scares me though.

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
watched it a week or so ago and i must say i enjoyed it, one of the best films ive seen this year

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
What's the plot?

First I will add my comment that I thoroughly enjoyed the film, best I have seen so far ths year.

If you haven't seen it it is actually a series of 'everyday happenings' in an <everyday city>. The happenings being seen or related through the eyes of 3 <ordinary people> (4 if you count the opening/closing). The twist is that this everyday tale is the creation of Frank Miller who has been drawing/writing/film scripting Batman, Daredevil, Elektra, Spiderman, Robocop etc etc .... in most cases the darker side of these characters.

Sin City is one of his comic creations. And one of the stipulations was that the film faithfully followed the comic. And it does - brilliantly. Shot entirely in austin, Texas using blue screens etc not only is the film a masterpiece (imo) but it was also inexpensive as films go .... good news because Sin City 2 is in the works. More please.

Now if only Ender's Game will finally make it in 2006 :)
oh .. and a Luther Arkwright film would be good as well but that really is in the realms of wishing

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
"thats right, get close, get personal, i can take it" - love that line

i downloaded it last week (still going to cinema to see it just coz i wreckon its a film that should be watched with an audience).

i personally feel the idea of the film is
no good dead goes unpunished :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
and and and the custard man!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THE CUSTARD MAAAAAAAAN!!!!

<slinks off to a corner to cry bitterly and console the cherry bakewells>

i hated him :( such a sick sick man, but id hate to hit him coz his skins all icky :(

"whatever you do, promise me you wont scream"

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I loved the film, it was very clever, and Marv definetly stole the show but I think the film will probably be much more if your familier with the comics and characters, which im not.

Only thing that puzzled me is who the hell was that assassin guy from the opening scene and the closing scene with Becky? And why was he even after Becky? I'd of thought the hookers would take their revenge more directly then sending an assassin. For that matter who the hell was the girl in red he killed in the opening. It looked like an attempt to establish this assassin character without ever actually telling you who he is.

But in all a good film, poor brucie is showing his age now though.

If he wanted to die he should of just shagged Nancy like she wanted, his heart wouldn't handle it so he could at least go out with a smile :sex:

Gamah

Banned
I think that big black guy in it Michael Clarke Duncan is such an underated actor, he was great in The Green Mile, and he was great in this film..he always seems to get his role perfect.

Also I rate Bruce Willis I think he is one of the best actors around.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
If he wanted to die he should of just shagged Nancy like she wanted, his heart wouldn't handle it so he could at least go out with a smile :sex:
nah hes a good guy u fool :twak:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
the idea of a sin city 2 worries me, i mean the 1st one was so fantastic because it was a total surprise, i mean even if your a fan of the comics you probably didnt expect the movie to be so close as it was, if they do a sequal it will have to be even better, not just equal to the first.

man i wanna go see it again, i think i was so busy trying to take it all in the first time i must have missed a lot the story lines, the filming everything <gasps for breath> man what a movie!!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
I loved the film, it was very clever, and Marv definetly stole the show but I think the film will probably be much more if your familier with the comics and characters, which im not.

Only thing that puzzled me is who the hell was that assassin guy from the opening scene and the closing scene with Becky? And why was he even after Becky? I'd of thought the hookers would take their revenge more directly then sending an assassin. For that matter who the hell was the girl in red he killed in the opening. It looked like an attempt to establish this assassin character without ever actually telling you who he is.

But in all a good film, poor brucie is showing his age now though.

like a fine wine, he only gets better with age;

"look at you, you cant even lift that cannon"
"sure i can"

"i take away his weapon,both of them"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom