Simple question regarding direct x

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I wish to play some old games on my current pc however some of them do not recognise the new version of direct x(9.c i have at the moment) which means they can't run at all, is there anyway i can overcome this? or would i have to re-install back to an old version to play the games? :(

Thanks for your time.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
You can't uninstall DirectX versions cleanly once upgraded. The best bet is if you've got a legit copy of 98/2000 in addition to your current XP/2000 desktop license to set that up in dual boot...

Just checking though - is it definately DirectX which is causing the problems? You can make certain compatibility settings under XP for DOS games, etc - might be worth checking out compatibility settings first before you put a whole second OS together.

Xav

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
These games are a few years old and ran under direct x 6 and direct x 7, before i install them it checks my pc to see if it's suitable for the game.(i.e checks cpu/memory/gfx card and so on)

It then says next to those if they have failed the required amount to play the game or passed, for direct x it says failed, it doesn't seem to pick it up on my system.I try to load game up and intro doesn't even start it just goes back to desktop after around five seconds, if there is a way to fix this problem please say.(but seems like there is no way out other than to do what you said xavier?)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom