Simple question,hard Answer.

K

katzzzz

What will happens with game if our characters wouldnt be like ghost, so it will be unable to run throught another player or NPC. Game will be more realistict, ppl wont run in RvR like chicken and have to think more what to do. In RvR will be more place for new invention etc. Just like camping entrance with tanks.

What do u think, is that good idea, or its very stupid?

R

Ravenbourne

It would mean guarding the casters/support much more tactical, but un-workable in reality

A

angrykid

Well It might work, but then you have to remove milegates. And what would happen to the assisttrain all grps have going now? Just the MA would get a clean backbased style, the rest would either hit him, or stand on the opponents side hitting him..

And what would happen if you are a stealthclass? could you then walk through enemies when stealthed? Will be hard, and those with Frontbased Styles would have alot to win on this, since you can't run through while fighting..

So I would not go for this option, even thou the roleplaying part would be much more fun.

kobbie: Hey, you daft twoll, stop stepping on my foot.
Twoll: I is sorry, her, let me help you up.
(tosses kobbie high up in teh air)
Twoll: Hey, come down! I is sorry, come down
*splat*

Oups.

K

katzzzz

If we wouldnt be ghosts the game will be complete new. Ppl couldnt nomore click /assist then /face and /stick, they have to think about that what to do. And it will be no more possible that 1 healer will be attacked by 5 tanks.

If im fighting with enemy, im everytime using my ghost ability(jsut like other players), im going throught him so if he hasnt /stick on me, he cant attack and that realy isnt realistic.

C

Chenuba

Collision would be great and saying it won't work isn't right. It works fine in Planetside fx.
IMO collision detection would raise the fun in RvR.
They could make collision detection work ONLY between enemies, not allies.

K

katzzzz

Originally posted by Chenuba
Collision would be great and saying it won't work isn't right. It works fine in Planetside fx.

Yeah great idea !!!

G

greenfingers

still, the front-style 50 DW would be a must for infi's ... then all infi's would spec more or less the same ... = no phun ...

and tanks wouldn't miss cuz of the "not in view" bug, when running back and forward through them, that would be crap ! :p

+ camping the inside of MG's would be phun ....

K

katzzzz

Friends from my country told me that its very good idea, but they dont want it cos then will be much greater traffic btw client and server. They r playing on US servers and they have ping about 100 ms, and camelot is still playable when u have ping 300-400ms, but if any game has Collison Detection, its unplayable when u have ping worse than 300ms. Hm, Im playing PlanetSide and there is CD and its very cool.
But with DAOC is with it problem in many ways, if there will be collison detection only with enemy, and u chased healer and he went throught tank, u couldnt chase him anymore, and if CD will be for all characters, it will be unable to do great raids, just like Caer Sidi, DF etc. Maybe in another MMRPG game will be CD included. It will be cool for RvR.

But never say never, maybe Mythic will include CD into game ... :)

B

Brynn

i didn't think it was good in planetside when you would get stuck in a spawn tube coz the person infront of you lagged out or was afk

S

schinkaar

mythic said they couldnt implement it i think, and with their programmers who on earth whould doubt it :D

L

Loth

Of course this would introduce it's own problems, like idiots thinking it's funny to block corridors off/NPCs etc.

C

Carlos Bananos

new grp setup = 1 caster + 7 trolls to surround teh caster ;P

V

vintervargen

RvR would be more fun, no doubt. but as said, there would be other problems.

(which could be avoided if mythic really wanted too im sure of)

K

katzzzz

Originally posted by Brynn
i didn't think it was good in planetside when you would get stuck in a spawn tube coz the person infront of you lagged out or was afk

If some1 in Planetside is stuck or is afk on important place he is killed by his allies. I was killed only 1 time, cos i was afk at respawn tube. But i see 1 very big problem and it isnt in game but its in ppl who dont want learn new tactics. Many ppl couldnt image that they will nomore use tactic /assist /stick (/face) and press 1-2 buttons.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by adari
5 stealthers holding hands in a mg, fun

like you can go thru 5 stealthers without getting hit :p

B

behatch

imo givf,subject is dmged by more than 6 ppl you get no rp

no more zergs \o/

S

ScarletPinp

Originally posted by mastade
How would albs ever port to emain with CD ? :>

good point tbh, getting on the pad in sauv would be impossible at times :D

K

katzzzz

Originally posted by mastade
How would albs ever port to emain with CD ? :>

LOL aye :))))))
But if Mythic want they will be able to solve this problem. Mythic could made CD only in RvR and not in PvE area, but then will be hard to get any keep, cos for that u will need more organisation and better strategy than ALL ON DOORS ! :)))

N

nalistah

guarding will be easier etc... but think of 5-6 tanks standing around a healer... will be preTTy hard to knock down that one.... and will that make that healer "not in view" for casters? as 5 fat trolls standing in way for one d0rf healer :p

and MG's must get removed too then... or remade somehow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom