Simon Green

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Just been able to get my dirty hands on Legacy (from the Deathwalker series) and to my surprise I am seeing that there are more books in the serie then I thought.
Deathstalker Coda and Deathstalker Return. Now I am wondering where do these books fit in the rest of the serie?

Damini

Part of the furniture
Deathstalker legacy is a sad pale add-on to the might, beauty and worthiness of the orginal deathstalker books. Deathstalker Return, which I haven't read yet, follows on from Legacy. I'm not sure about Coda.

The books are:

Twilight of the Empire - Hellword, Mistworld, Ghostworld - (short insights into the main worlds of the empire - these are the same style as legacy, short, not as in depth, snacks rather than meals)

Deathstalker
Deathstalker Rebellion
Deathstalker War
Deathstalker Honour
Deathstalker Destiny (the conclusion of this series)

Deathstalker Legacy
Deathstalker Returns

For those not familiar with the series you have to read in order, not only because the first books create the entire back drop to the deathstalker world, but also because it feels like Deathstalker legacy was something just pushed out to keep the publishers happy, or to keep the story alive, or to bridge to a new story. It didn't have the same depth, dynamic or sheer brilliance of the rest of the series, and so if people start with that they're very likely to not see what all the fuss was about.

Damini

Part of the furniture
I have to add I'm really tired, and I think I might have completely missed the actual aim of your question.

Sometimes, book titles are changed for different countries, and so Coda might be another name for an old book? Anyway, I consult this page: http://www.nimitz.demon.nl/ for all my Simon Green needs.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Ahh thx Damini. Legacy is a bit too drawn out, but not the worst storyline even if I am missing some things and some things didn't make sense in comparison with the other books (where is the boost the Deathstalker family had and the esp drug had to keep on being taken before)
Found out which book Coda is (part3 of the legacy serie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom