silent storm

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got this? Any good? I'm a sucker for turn-based games (the chernobyl thread made me reinstall fallout tactics recently :) ) and this looks great, intrigued to know if it's as good as it looks.

The stuff that particularly grabs me is this kind of thing:
Unprecedented realism featuring true 3D and fully destructible environment, real bullet tracing and collision detection and realistic trajectories, speed and piercing performance for different types of bullets, grenades and missiles
From what I've read you can actually shoot people through walls if you're using a calibre with enough oomph to penetrate brick :p

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's ok, the shooting through walls thing is ok, except of course that you generally can't see through walls to know where you're shooting.

It strikes me a WWII x-com. Good fun if you like that kind of thing, I didn't really have the patience though.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Finally got round to getting this and I have to say I love it. Full of crunchy gaming goodness - good to look at, detailed, deep, lots of nice touches, generally great fun. I'm a huge fan of turn-based games, always have been, and this one rocks imo :)

No hesitation in recommending it to anyone who has a penchant for the old turn-based genre, it's lush.

Retrakith

Banned
granny said:
Finally got round to getting this and I have to say I love it. Full of crunchy gaming goodness - good to look at, detailed, deep, lots of nice touches, generally great fun. I'm a huge fan of turn-based games, always have been, and this one rocks imo :)

No hesitation in recommending it to anyone who has a penchant for the old turn-based genre, it's lush.

LOL!!!

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Ignore him, he seems to have gone on a spamming fest.

He doesn't do a lot for the argument that all DAoC players aren't cocks.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Cdr said:
He doesn't do a lot for the argument that all DAoC players aren't cocks.

That's a bit unfair don't you think? There's only 1 of him yet there's 1000's of DaoC players on the forums... I suppose purely due to statistics there'll be more fucktards from the DaoC crowd simply because there *are* more of them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom