Signs

T

tris-

has anyone seen Signs? if so, what do you think it was all about? i just wanna make sure i got the story right.

O

old.tRoG

i saw one the other day that said ONE WAY...

nasty sign, right after i read it a big 18-wheeler smashed into me!

NEVAH TWUST DAH ONE WAY SIGN!!!11

S

SFXman

Damn, I better not read this thread when people start to tell the story... I really want to see the movie!

J

Jexa

I'm debating it, can't work out whether it seems really cool or really lame :)

O

old.tRoG

im guessing this is a movie ala unbreakable...

eg. you ca't figure out what the hell it was about.

unbreakable sucked. it sucked hard.

S

SFXman

Hmm... Sixth Sense was good. So I am expecting that Signs would make you jump.

A

Akratil

Summary of plot:

Aliens invade
People hide in their basement
Aliens leave again.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Go see Mulholldand drive instead

D

Danya

Originally posted by Akratil
Summary of plot:

Aliens invade
People hide in their basement
Aliens leave again.
Lets go see it now! :p

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Go see Mulholldand drive instead

Now that movie i just didnt get, but some scenes were rather nice :) werent they Glombur. Did Mr Scruffles enjoy it too ???

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by ivan_tribbiani

Now that movie i just didnt get, but some scenes were rather nice :) werent they Glombur. Did Mr Scruffles enjoy it too ???

mmm signs

does anyone actually believe that they are mad by aliens or by farmers trying to make money

and where did they first appear England and then beacuse we had them they were bigger and better in the US of A.....

call me sceptical but i think that the aliens would choose a better way of contacting us other than signs in perishable crops.........

still i want to believe though....

T

D

danskmacabre

I saw the movie signs,
And it was crap.

It's a shame coz the crop circle thing could have been a great plot for a movie.

But turning it into an Alien invasion movie was just poor. I nearly fell asleep watching it.
:sleeping:

S

Shaz][

It's a post sept 11th movie about the emotional state of America. M. Night Shyamalan (copied from imdb baby) playing that role was quite ingenious however the plot twist isn't as big as Sixth Sense. Does get you thinking for a bit though.

It's not just aliens invading...

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Shaz][
It's a post sept 11th movie about the emotional state of America. M. Night Shyamalan (copied from imdb baby) playing that role was quite ingenious

I didn't goto see a movie about "The emotional state of America"
I went to see a movie about Crop Circles.

Does get you thinking for a bit though.

Not really, It was very unimaginitive.
And when it worked out in the movie that the Crop circles were signs for Alien ships, I just groaned and felt the need to walk out then and there.
Sadly, I persevered and watched the rest in a vain hope it would get better....it didn't.
And the IMO, pretty shallow subplot about his wife was unoroginal as well.
All in all, I don't know what Mel Gibson was thinking making a movie like that.

B

Breni

Originally posted by danskmacabre

All in all, I don't know what Mel Gibson was thinking making a movie like that.

"I'm broke and need the money", perhaps?

T

tris-

---------------------
And the IMO, pretty shallow subplot about his wife was unoroginal as well.
---------------------
if she didnt die then there would be no story really, the whole thing is about coincidence, she died and told her husband about swing the bat.. so it was a coincidence she died and her brain was going through sum crazy shite, else he would never of found out and they might not have killed the alien.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by danskmacabre
It's a shame coz the crop circle thing could have been a great plot for a movie.

But turning it into an Alien invasion movie was just poor. I nearly fell asleep watching it.
:sleeping:
I think it is better that way IF done well... now I haven't seen the movie yet but anyway, I will soon.
It would SUCK if instead they find out it was made by their neighbouring hillbillies or whatever the hell...
Maybe best would be if it was left unclear at the end, remember I have not seen it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom