Sigh.

P

[PS]Venom

I get my new password.

All's fine.

This morning I get up to find that my installation of windows is sodded. Great, thinks me. No problem. I have my windows on a seperate partition just for this kind of eventuality.

I back up, and re-install.

Only to have the horror of something hit me when I'm re-installing drivers - I've lost all my email.

Including the passwords to my 2 daoc accounts.

My email was on my system drive, and I hadn't copied out the passwords yet - was meaning to do that today.

So I send GOA an email from the right addresses requesting them to resend the details.

Now, about 10 minutes ago, the email address I use for my accounts has broken. Blueyonder are having "mail difficulties" apparantly.

Life sucks.

P

[PS]Venom

Well, having managed to sort out the email problem I now have to wait for luvverly GOA to resend my passwords.

I'm not holding my breath :(

Knowing my luck they'll decide to send my password to my OLD home address in my profile. :/

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

DOH! No DAoC for you tonight...or for the next 3 months. :(

T

thorwyntf

What´s email address did you send your mail to?
I got a similar problem, received my password, wrote it down on paper and deleted the email.. and the pass doesn´t work. I either made a mistake writing it down or the pass was just wrong. Anyways, I´d like to ask goa to resend my pass to make sure.

B

Bellona

use a disc recovery tool, i once fdisk'ed my main drive by accident, and after i formatted, i restored 95% of the content, and even stuff that was deleted maybe 10+ months ago, if it havent been overwritten on the disc, its still there, its only the TOC that gets a brainwash when formatting, or fdisking

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Bellona
use a disc recovery tool, i once fdisk'ed my main drive by accident, and after i formatted, i restored 95% of the content, and even stuff that was deleted maybe 10+ months ago, if it havent been overwritten on the disc, its still there, its only the TOC that gets a brainwash when formatting, or fdisking

I've re-installed everything now, it's more than likely been overwritten. I might give it a go. Time to googlise I guess.

EDIT- I emailed subscription@goa.com

T

thorwyntf

Thanks Venom...

one more question: what did you send them? just "hi, pls resend pass for acc XY" or do they need more informations?

C

carky

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
I get my new password.

All's fine.

This morning I get up to find that my installation of windows is sodded. Great, thinks me. No problem. I have my windows on a seperate partition just for this kind of eventuality.

I back up, and re-install.

Only to have the horror of something hit me when I'm re-installing drivers - I've lost all my email.

Including the passwords to my 2 daoc accounts.

My email was on my system drive, and I hadn't copied out the passwords yet - was meaning to do that today.

So I send GOA an email from the right addresses requesting them to resend the details.

Now, about 10 minutes ago, the email address I use for my accounts has broken. Blueyonder are having "mail difficulties" apparantly.

Life sucks.
and i thought i had all the bad look

O

old.[BF]MaD

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
Well, having managed to sort out the email problem I now have to wait for luvverly GOA to resend my passwords.

I'm not holding my breath :(

Knowing my luck they'll decide to send my password to my OLD home address in my profile. :/

u still getting ur sub pword sent to that same email adress befor anything else -> u have login pword

~~

P

[PS]Venom

I know mad - but that's going to take a while. Also just if I get my subs pass there's no telling when the pages will be back up. ;)

O

old.[BF]MaD

patience young grasshoppaaah
tbh i almost did the same as u
but i on the other hand, saved the pword to a txt file on another drive just befor i clicked shutdown & was about to reinstall winblows ~~

cant blame goa for the things u do urself , u deleted the pword at a very bad time.

u can however blame them for all the shit that's been going on :x
and u should :m00:

P

[PS]Venom

Never said I was blaming GOA for my mistake :p

Just thought people might like to laugh at my misfortune :(

T

Tilda

ask blueyonder to re-send you all your emails for the last week, they normally keep backup's (I think)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Tilda
ask blueyonder to re-send you all your emails for the last week, they normally keep backup's (I think)

Have they done this for you before?

Having worked for several ISPs none of them had that kind of a facility - at least none that could be provided to an end user.

I might look into this but seeing as they just had to fix all their mail servers I think the possibility of them restoring email is a bit sparse ;)

F

Flimgoblin

did you use outlook to get your email?

if you're using POP and haven't got it set to "delete mails after X days" it might still be on the server?

See if you can telnet into your POP server (port 110 I think?) and list - might still be there :)

Hrm then again - reinstalling outlook would do that anyway I think so likelihood is you've got the "delete from server" immediately on download.

ahh well ;)

P

[PS]Venom

I delete my mail from the server as I receive a rather large amount of junk email, and would rather not have 100000000000000000 emails stored on the server as I think blueyonder would get a little irritated.

Well I'm off on holiday end of this week so things may be different when I get back :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom