Sigh....

C

curou

I believe I got a US patch (again...)

When I wanted to log into DAoC, I got patched, seemed strange since I didnt hear anything about a new patch comming at this point.

Anyways, now it says my acc or password is wrong....

Last time it happened, I re-installed DAoC, but I've seen a thread about someone who had the same problem, and he was told that he could just replace a file or re-name it ( im extremely bad with all the computer thingi, so might be that I am wrong )

But if someone knows if there is something else that can be done instead of re-installing I would appreciate it :)

P.S Please explain it in newbie words, or else I probably wont understand :p

Thanks in advance

C

Cyradix

Originally posted by Apathy
EDIT YOUR BLOODY HOSTS FILE!

a.

I'll give a more user friendly version :D

Check your update.dat and make sure it contains :

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

It will re-patch to the euro version after you change this.

To prevent it from happening again you could add this to your "hosts" file
(found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc)

127.0.0.1 patch1.daoc.net
127.0.0.1 patch2.daoc.net
127.0.0.1 patch3.daoc.net
127.0.0.1 patch4.daoc.net
127.0.0.1 patch5.daoc.net

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by curou
And /clap @ Apathy....

Give him a break, this issue has been posted about 3times a day for the last month D:

R

Roo Stercogburn

Roo's hosts file...

Fafnir - No nibbles, cheap beer.
Nicodemus - Average wine, excellent whine
Tohtori - When his conversation makes sense its time to go home. Never has enough Canadian Club.
Cyradix - Stealths when its his round.
Zapsi - Drinks all the beer before you get there. Lie about your arrival time.
Krill - Too much seafood, too few crackers.
Efour - Too busy levelling a new alt to care for his guests.
Freia - Actually believes the Ferrero Roche ads, expects formal wear for dinner. For a laugh, bring Quality Street.

C

Cyradix

Yep, I'm specced in stealth and 2 handed straws... so I can steal your drink while stealthed.... :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn

Tohtori - When his conversation makes sense its time to go home. Never has enough Canadian Club.

Yes. When i make sense in what i say it's truly time to go home. That's the only time you might save your family from the insanity that is my words. Go home, don't open BW-forums, make a better world. People shouldn't force kids to breathe tobacco smoke, they -really- shouldn't force them to listen to me. But since this seems like an intelligent and quite steaadyminded reply to this flame type thing from Roo i have to correct things by asking if Roo has found the little thing in the black cute box yet? If not then we have to go out of our ways and look further. If yes then do give it and find the kindness in your heart to do what is the "right" thing.

Now i have to go back, i feel like a song coming but i don't feel like singing it. Hmm...ah yes, that's what i was doing. Later.

A

Axuk

stop it happening again by....

Making that .dat file read only...... and if you can't either see it in the first place or don't know how to make it read only... shout and I'll point you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom