siegecraft:how to use rams

F

fl_gorre

a lot of ppl in our realm rather clueless about siegecrafting and prefer banging some doors with their swords for hours instead of arranging a few rams to get the job done faster

here is a pretty good guide :
http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/guides/siegecraft/
note: rams only need 300ironwood anymore
trebs 600(aka catapults)
pallintones 400(aka ballistas)

to be able to make a siegeweapon you need one main random craftskill (being WC,AC,Tailoring or Fletching)
( http://www.daoctradeskills.com/guidesmain.htm here you can find wich craftskill your class can do )
to start a profession as a crafter you need to go to a craft master
they can be found in camelot and wearyll harbour
( NPC map camelot : http://www.daatlas.com/albion/camelotmap.html)

as soon as you got a craftskill you basicly can make any siegeweapon
drag the siegecrafting icon out of your stats menu put it in you QB
press on it and drag the desired icon into your QB
as soon as you have all teh materials you can start making it

a siegeram required 300ironwood(wich can be found in camelot or main keps (being bled DC or beno)
1 ram cladding (requires 500AC)
1 ram beak (requires 500 WC)
2 swing harnesses ( requires 500 tailoring)
these parts can be found in the main keeps or can crafted by crafters
an entire ram weights around 200enc wich shouldnt be much of a problem for most tanks if they are buffed(lifter RA gives 20%extra enc if you feel to lack some strenght)

how to make and use the ram:
stand infront of teh gate( not to far thoo or your ram will be out of reach) , make sure you have all teh parts required in your inventory or givin by grpmembers
click teh ram icon wich you recently added in your QB and a few seconds later youll be in control of a ram
first thing you need to do is aim it at teh gate
select gate press aim in teh menu or /aim (/macro aim /aim)
now its time to arm it (suggest you macro it ) (/arm)
5seconds later you can fire the ram(/fire)

depeding on lvl of door youll be doing 300-750damage every 5seconds (equals to teh same amount of damage 10-25tanks are doing to it in melee)

as for door repairs:
ALWAYS REPAIR BEFORE UPGRADING
i cant stress this enuff lotsa ppl tend to forget this
/upgrade 2 /repair /repair /repair /upgrade 3
repairs costs way more at higher lvls so plz keep this in mind
ALWAYS REPAIR BEFORE UPGRADING!!!!!

for each lvl of doors you will need x00 woodworking
fe lvl500woodworking allows you to repair /upgrade lvl5doors

catapult deals an amout of aoe damage
always put them at the back of the keep because they got a minimum range
to fire you will need to set a ground target
or ask somebody else to set one and /groundassist <name> him
dont expect to kill ppl with it unless you got muliple catz up , but it sure will drain healers mana and intterupt casters

ballista is more of a bolt
very usable to destroy enemies realm equipment
click target or /assist someone /aim /load /arm /fire

SPREAD TEH WORD!! :p
post this on guild forums because not many ppl are activly looking on BW

btw havent been able to test it properly but are catapults and ballistas LOS?
would you be able to target lordsroom with a treb or destroy a ram standing behind a gate with a ballista

S

StormriderX

Hit the door once before you build the ram. This guarantees that the ram is in range of the door- nothing more annoying than a ram being wasted because it was a tad too far from the door.

And no the ram does not move just because it has wheels :p

S

stupidshady

sry to say gorre, but I knew all that alrdy :p

but idd vry good to say, most ppl dont have a clue how to use siegeweaps

F

fl_gorre

Originally posted by stupidshady
sry to say gorre, but I knew all that alrdy :p

but idd vry good to say, most ppl dont have a clue how to use siegeweaps
most ppl know it indeed
but i find it rather frightinging when 5fgs are attacking bled and i need to start crafting the 3th ram with my sorc cuz nobody else knows how to build one

S

stupidshady

rofl seriously ? ^^ how funny ;) well, doesnt it make you feel ubah ? :p

F

fl_gorre

no rather that im playing in a gimped realm

M

Moody

Make some siege weapon ammo, you will skill up in siegecrafting. When you reach 51 skill in siegecrafting, all siege weapons turn grey. no failures, and halves the time to build one

K

Kagato.

Have to say I tried out a treb in beno defense today for the first time and it worked well, normally as a tank theres sod all you can do in keep defense till they break through so it would be nice to see more tanks at the back with treb's up to help wear down the attackers.

Shame they don't do more damage though, but its nice hitting half a dozen people at once, and if your expecting an attack its worth hopping outside to set up a ground target in front of the doors or down the hill where the casters will be before your go in and build the treb.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Kagato.
Have to say I tried out a treb in beno defense today for the first time and it worked well, normally as a tank theres sod all you can do in keep defense till they break through so it would be nice to see more tanks at the back with treb's up to help wear down the attackers.

Shame they don't do more damage though, but its nice hitting half a dozen people at once, and if your expecting an attack its worth hopping outside to set up a ground target in front of the doors or down the hill where the casters will be before your go in and build the treb.

Just as you should do in rvr, the key is tanks should /assist each other ;)

6 pults hitting same spot = pain :p

F

fl_gorre

owyeah and dont forget your crafting tools such as hammer sewing kit and planing tool in your inventory otherwise you wont be able to craft a ram/repair

O

old.Kian

Catapults/trebs are most definitely NOT LOS - I've had a good deal of fun building and operating trebs on merchant keep defences in the past :)

And make good use of the /groundassist command... that way you can have a spotter (ideally stealthed) directing your artillery fire for maximum effect. If your aim is actually to defeat and drive off the enemy, rather than farm realm points, then dropping catapult stones on the guys who are sitting and recovering just after being rezzed is always good for a laugh :D

B

bob007

Might i add that for the princely sum of 35g i got my friars tailoring from 1 to 300, Took about 45 min to an hour. And i now have 12 siege craft :)

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by fl_gorre

for each lvl of doors you will need x00 woodworking
fe lvl500woodworking allows you to repair /upgrade lvl5doors

You need about 100 wood working for a lvl 1 door and 50 woodworking more for each higher level door.
You can repair a level 10 door with 550 woodworking.

Danita

B

bob007

Small update...

I went to dc today for a ram. Decided to play around.

skill.jpg

siegecraft.jpg

Total cost for doing this, Including skilling main is at 60g :)

This means i can build siege engines in half time, produce my own ammo in half time, And salvage anything i use. Also able to upgrade door to lvl 6 and repair..

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by StormriderX
Hit the door once before you build the ram. This guarantees that the ram is in range of the door- nothing more annoying than a ram being wasted because it was a tad too far from the door.

And no the ram does not move just because it has wheels :p

Its a good test and one that is very rarely used :)

After looking pretty silly with a rather nice Ram (Bout 10 feet fromt he door) once I decided to do this method..

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Moody
Make some siege weapon ammo, you will skill up in siegecrafting. When you reach 51 skill in siegecrafting, all siege weapons turn grey. no failures, and halves the time to build one

pfft - this never used to be the case, I got my siegecraft skills by constructing RAMs the old school way...now people just make ammo and look 1337 with siegecrafting at 50 odd..

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by bob007
Small update...

I went to dc today for a ram. Decided to play around.

skill.jpg

siegecraft.jpg

Total cost for doing this, Including skilling main is at 60g :)

This means i can build siege engines in half time, produce my own ammo in half time, And salvage anything i use. Also able to upgrade door to lvl 6 and repair..

Ummm you can upgrade/repair to level 6? I thought you needed 500+ woodworking for that?

O

old.shotgunstow

Re: Re: siegecraft:how to use rams

Originally posted by quinthar
Ummm you can upgrade/repair to level 6? I thought you needed 500+ woodworking for that?

Originally posted by old.Reno
You need about 100 wood working for a lvl 1 door and 50 woodworking more for each higher level door.
You can repair a level 10 door with 550 woodworking.

Danita

^^

O

old.Ramas

With 300 you can repair beyond level 6 - but you will fail a lot. At some point, it will become impossible.

At 300 a level 5 door is 'yellow' to you (1+level x 50 = skill to turn door 'yellow')

B

bob007

I have done and can do up to level 6 on upgrades and repairs, As someone has said the fail rate can be high, But for 60g, which is nothing, Its worth have these basic skills even if your not going to craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom