Siege engines

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
In NF is it teh same as it is now where u have to have all the different materials to build seige engines cuz everyone seems to have 1 theres always loads about everywhere.

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
Yes and no

Basically the recipes have stayed more or less the same - except with a few new things like being able to put several rams together to make bigger rams (which is a necesssity as you can now only have one ram on each door)

However if you have 900+ in any trade skill you can make miniature versions of siege which weigh much less in your backpack - so you can carry round lots more. No one has such a high trade skill on the test server though (at least I hope not!)

Also there are hookpoints in towers and keeps where you can simply buy weapons without carrying any of the ingredients - indeed for boiling oil and pallitones this is the only way you can get them as they are not craftable.

There is a good info page here:

http://www.camelotherald.com/newfrontiers/siegeweapons.php

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I've already seen people using diminitive siege engines (those are the miniature ones, right?).

So.. where do people get those diminitive siege engines anyway? I don't think that anyone has 900+ skill. I hope.

Hiroko

Fledgling Freddie
I think those are the field versions that you have seen, not the diminuative ones. I'm not sure if the diminuative ones look any different though.
Was intending to craft up to test the diminuative siege stuff, until I discovered you needed 900 skill :/

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Ah, could be, but what are those mini-siegeweps then?

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
I've already seen people using diminitive siege engines (those are the miniature ones, right?).

So.. where do people get those diminitive siege engines anyway? I don't think that anyone has 900+ skill. I hope.

On us servers you can buy diminitive siege engines from merchants, for example buy a house and get the siegecraft merchant there. Of course crafters with 900+ skill can make em too.

Noheals-WR

Fledgling Freddie
Diminunative Siege Equipment can be made by alchemists at 800+ alchemy. You just combine all the other bits with alchemy and get a lighter version.

AFAIK only achemists can make these, not anyone with a tradeskill of 900+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom