F

-frostor-

was reading abit on http://www.classesofcamelot.com/other/caer_sidi/loot.asp
Kabuki's site with sidi items
and at the end i was reading his rules , the intresting thing is :

4. Randoming

Everyone will make one roll for the category they are rolling for, as follows:

Roll = [Your level] x 100

Meaning a level 50 will /random 5000, and a level 46 will /random 4600. Half levels do not count for this, because they cannot be verified.

To random successfully, you must be in range of the raid leader, and you must do it in the allotted time. I will not budge on this anymore, honestly there is no way you can pay attention for so long helping to kill mobs and then at the last minute not realize we are rolling for loot.

If you roll twice in one category on one character, you disqualify yourself.

discuss etc.

K

Khalen

What's the differance? the nrs are just bigger but still random as always. Now you even gotta do maths to figure everyone's roll -> takes even more time.

My opinion: Random is random. If it's with big or low nr's it doesn't change.

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Khalen
Now you even gotta do maths to figure everyone's roll -> takes even more time.

I suppose I got a maths A-level, but surely adding two zeros to the end of your level isn't that tricky, even for dole seekers?

F

-frostor-

point is
if ppl are against nonlvl50 getting uber drops
this way of lotto lvl 50 have a bigger chanse , what is normal i think , but the non lvl50's get a chanse too with a 4%-2% less chanse(if its +lvl48 for getting a drop)

this way the lvl restricted rules for getting a drop can besolved

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I can see lots of level 48-49ers just LOVING this rule.

I can also see them not bothering to come on a raid where they get a much reduced chance to win anything.

F

-frostor-

and the rule about only lvl 50's getting drops is better ?much reduced ? im talking about 2-4% Oo

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Its still a reduction and most raids allow level 48s + to lotto for drops anyway. Don't really see the point of this change. It will just add delays at the lotto with lots of people being confused or pissed off etc etc.

K

Kagato.

And then we'll have the l33tist's claiming RR5's should get 51 X 100.

Interesting idea though, even if I can't be bothered to read the whole article :)

Considering all the epic zones we have now you'd think Mythic would implement some kind of system to allow all loot to drop onto designated raid leaders to avoid hassle, there must be some way they could introduce some raid-friendly love.

O

old.Ramas

In this example anyone who isn't 50 but is running with a popular class will have almost exactly the same chance of winning an item as they do on an 'only level 50s can /random' raid today.

Just an observation.

Lotto by guild is the best way to do these things anyhow.

Y

Yussef

On Prydwen, we limit rolling to level 50's only, usually get enough to kill Horsemen too.

D

Draylor

Yes Yussef, but this is Excalibur, common sense does not apply here

B

Bellona

Originally posted by Draylor
Yes Yussef, but this is Excalibur, common sense does not apply here

which some times makes me sad i play on this server :(

C

catalina

Depends how fast you want the lotto to go.

Fastest way is to lotto the drops by class, so class specific drops 1st, then drops which are useable by 2-3 classes, then the leftovers (usually jewelery).

eg. announce what all the merc only drops are, all mercs then come up and random, the highest chooses 1st, then the 2nd highest picks an item and so on.

Slowest way, and this one is normally used, lotto each drop individually resulting in time consuming lotto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom