Sidi Booking Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gunner440

Re: Re: Re: Sidi Booking Sheet

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
was it the same person as the one that upset the SS alliance raid?

was a guild :eek:

D

Draylor

Re: Re: Re: Sidi Booking Sheet

Without naming names lets just say it would be rather difficult.

T

Tilda

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidi Booking Sheet

If your refering to an event over 2 weeks ago.
FYI it wasnt a guild it was a group of people with some guildies.
We had done the same thing every day of the week, monday to friday starting at 10 ish going though to the first keylord and then leaving finishing at around 3 or 4 ish.

And although there was some vague mention that someone else was raiding in the evening nobody ever said to me that there was a huge alliance raid comming soon.

I dont realy see what the problem is when we were just a small group killing the first keylord, its not like a) our raid was clashing with yours or b) we killed all the mobs.

And FYI my group wasnt in sidi on friday (the BF raid)

Tilda

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sidi Booking Sheet

Originally posted by Tilda
I dont realy see what the problem is when we were just a small group killing the first keylord, its not like a) our raid was clashing with yours or b) we killed all the mobs.

Apparently you are unable to read the reason which has been posted twice before in the thread.

The reason is that Sidi is on a respawn timer from when the first mobs are killed. If the bigger raid was, for example, in the middle of killing Host when THE ENTIRE DUNGEON repops, including the whole floor of adds on their head because you had killed a few mobs including Keylord 1 a few hours before they started, don't you think they'd be a little pissed off at you?

And don't say that you didn't know about the raid. You knew about the thread, you should have checked it.

T

Talifer

I'd like to book Sunday the 21/9 as KoP and friends vs Apocolypse ;)

Talifer

F

Flimgoblin

nerf I wanted that one :p

booking the 28th now (sheesh) :p

gifv more than one Sidi - stupid dungeon.

I

ilienwyn

haha, 2 sundays free for you now. nerf! :D

P

Pin

You prefer Krondon anyway ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
You prefer Krondon anyway ;)

it is a bit more fun (if you've not got 900 people that is) but the drops aren't worth the effort of sorting from the RoG ;)

C

ChillyDawg

~yawn~

how much is that decaying lewt worth from a merch has anyone ever tried toget it out of the dungeon? a massive pass the parcel :D or bind next to a merch and swuicide.

D

Draylor

Getting way off-topic for this thread, maybe a mod can delete the off-topic and out-dated replies once in a while if its going to be stickied long-term? Anyway .....

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
how much is that decaying lewt worth from a merch has anyone ever tried toget it out of the dungeon?
Falcor went through the hassle of trying to find out once. (Log in right place after Apoc was dead, login after repop, get encumbered, release beside merchant)

If Im remembering properly it was unsellable - needless to say he wasnt best pleased ;)

L

Lizia

Friday the 19th September 2003 I will lead a Sidi Raid for The Prodigy into Cear Sidi.

Please book the date.

thanks,

Lizia

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
Stick me down for a guild-signup raid on Sunday 14th. No thread yet, but it looks like if I don't say 10+ days in advance I won't be allowed in :p

gifv thread! :)

D

Draylor

Re: omg!

Originally posted by The-FC-Enemy
i voice an opinion and immediatly i get stupid responses like that.
Nope, you created a new BW account to whine anonymously - clearly since you didnt want your mindless garbage associated with your in-game characters.

And guess what - other realms on Excal have a similar list of who intends raiding Epic dungeon and when. Just because its not on BW for you to see doesnt mean it doesnt exist ;) So you know what your can do with your "alb sucks" bullshit.

The actions of 2 groups of people have been complained about here - and both groups were perfectly aware of the presence of this thread and its contents. They can pretend otherwise now all they like.

C

cleeve

The-Fc-Enemy.

Bear in mind that you were the first person to throw insults around. You rarely change someones mind or opinion by calling them a soppy bastard, selfish or hypocrites.

Do I agree with half of what is posted? No. Do I call people who I disagree with names? No. Why? Well because for a start off I dislike name calling. I also believe that if you want to talk to someone, you should treat them how you would like to be treated. The way you started off was always going to set yourself up as flamebait.

Personally I think this a great idea. How many people do you know who organise large raids (capable of beating the end boss in sidi) who don't read bw forums or who don't know someone who reads bw forums?

Not many I would imagine. Yes everyone doesn't read bw - but most people who organise things or who are in guilds and alliances do. They may not post but they read the threads like the Sidi booking sheet so that problems don't occur.

I know that you think that people should have the choice to hunt where they like and enjoy themselves, they should also have the responsibility to not ruin other peoples fun and hunting enjoyment. They should also have the respect to not ruin something that a great many people have invested time in just to serve their own needs.

Tell me who is more selfish - the person in two groups** who goes and kills one keep lord and ruins a 5-6 fg raid planned for 3 weeks with people giving as much notice as they can, or the 70 odd people and 2 hard working, under praised, under recognised folks that organise an event for over 60 ppl to have fun and get drops?

Its about tolerance imo. I don't care what anyone else does along as it a:) Doesn't affect other people too much ( if at all) and
b:) they have fun doing it.

I don't see why you get so het up about this. There is plenty of space in albion pve and rvr for both serious and casual games as long as we all just show a little bit of tolerance remember its JUST A GAME

Peace out :)

C

I

iskander_dymas

Re: omg!

You are not deemed an idiot for having an opinion, just for the way how you try to voice it.
This one is quite funny, you created an anonymous and quite stupid account "The-Fc-Enemy" to vent your frustrations, and it was you who started throwing the insults around. Tell me again who the hippocrite is please.
Seems you missed a few valid lessons a few years ago ..

O

old.Ramas

troll v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3. [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Please don't feed the troll.

C

cleeve

FC-Enemy

If I was in dungeon with a group - and a large raid came in and said we're off to do XYZ - I would ask to join them - compromise and we're both happy :)

If I couldn't join, I would leave. Why? Well tbh - 70 players ain't gonna turn around and go back are they? 70 ppl for the enjoyment of 8? daft to fight it imo. They're gonna go and do it - might as well find somewhere else to hunt for 2-3 hours or so then go back when the large raid is over.

I get enough stress and shit at work to bother with it in a game that I play to relax. IF it gets annoying - turn off - go and do something real :)

Laters

C

D

Draylor

Re: Cleeve...

Talking about Friday arre you? Hmmm well you can try to stay anonymous all you like, but your guild will be named fairly quickly if you continue throwing the insults around.

Members of your group were aware of the others plans in advance, were reminded very shortly after entering Sidi but chose to ignore it. No matter what way you choose to whine about it those are the simple facts.

T

Tilda

erm, im not sure who to adress this to, but in reference to the raid when I was in sidi on the friday (the one befor BF's raid?)
We were there since 10am and the first i heared was idle group chat about it at around 3pm.
We suicided at around 4 ish and i heared nothing of it, no group members said to me " Tilda we shouldnt be here theres another raid happening soon" or whatever, nothing was said.
I personally didnt look at this thread until my first reply.
It didnt occur to me at the time that there were many raids in the evenings. We were the only people anywhere near sidi for the whole week and I didnt see why friday should be any different.

Originally posted by Pin
The reason is that Sidi is on a respawn timer from when the first mobs are killed. If the bigger raid was, for example, in the middle of killing Host when THE ENTIRE DUNGEON repops, including the whole floor of adds on their head because you had killed a few mobs including Keylord 1 a few hours before they started, don't you think they'd be a little pissed off at you?

Pin, i speak from personal experience when i say there is variation in that. Im my experience its always been a minimum of 8 hours. But, one the thrusday of my 1fg focus raids we got down to bane and wiped. When that happened the entrance mob had re-popped but the Sacristan and his floor ( the ones we killed later, we had a LD after first mob) had not respawned. The way down to bane which we had cleared befor we wiped was also not respawned. So we killed the entrance mob and pegged it pretty fast down to bane, we didint go back up later to see if more had repopped.

Tilda

/edit Having read this entire thread again ive decided to stop defending myself against nothing :D
FYI, First cohort wern't the people who killed mobs before the BF raid, and it was not a guild group who were in Sidi for most of the week befor, just a few FC'ers.

B

bob007

/edit Having read this entire thread again ive decided to stop defending myself against nothing :D
FYI, First cohort wern't the people who killed mobs before the BF raid, and it was not a guild group who were in Sidi for most of the week before, just a few FC'ers.

hehe think thats called jumping the Gun :) Any chance of cleaning this up Tilda. Its erm... a Sidi booking thread, And 20 pages of stuff (was gonna say whines, but mostly its not whines :) ) to book a Day at sidi might seem a bit of a task in the near (very near ?) future :)

Thanks.
PS delete this to :D

D

Draylor

When the idiot who started whining today realised he wasnt going to get away with whining anonymously (since many know fine well which guild he is from) he mysteriously went silent. How surprising ;)

Correct Tilda.

F

Flimgoblin

fair dos :) not realising people have the place booked once is completely forgivable :)

I'll start a new booking thread and copy over the stuff tomorrow to clean it up :)

W

wolfofslaughter

maybe we all should be booking a holiday away from daoc ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Locking this and starting a new one as it's gone way off topic :)

can a mod please unsticky this and sticky the new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom