Sidi Booking Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flimgoblin

I know not everyone reads BW, but in an effort to reduce the number of clashes over Sidi I thought I'd make a calendar. If yer wanting to go to Sidi please post here (times aren't essential, as it may encourage raid-jumping by people starting an hour earlier etc.) and hopefully people will respect them.

I'll endeavour to keep it upto date with people's additions (or if they have other sticky threads) so if I add you to the list can you delete yer post below it? :)

August:

Wednesday 27th: SS Guild invite-only raid.

Friday 29th: Skile's Raid invite-only

Saturday 30th: Falcor's Open-invite Raid
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77546

Sunday 31st: Fellowship invite-only Raid

September:

Friday 5th: BF alliance (invite-only)

Saturday 6th: Aligro's Open-invite Raid
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78767

Sunday 7th: Fellowship invite-only raid.

Saturday 13th: Falcor's Open-invite Raid
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77546

Sunday 14th: Pin's guild-invite raid
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80884

Friday 19th: TP invite-only raid.

Sunday 21st: KoP invite-only raid

Sunday 28th: Fellowship invite-only raid.

Edit: PS. ta for the sticky :)

T

Tilda

if this is going to have link's and be updated lots i'll un-sticky the othersand people can just view then through here.

Tilda

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tilda
if this is going to have link's and be updated lots i'll un-sticky the othersand people can just view then through here.

Tilda

tis the plan - but I think the open invite ones might get a bit more visibility with their own stickies - wouldn't want to detract from that.

S

skile

Dragon Knights is holding an INTERNAL raid on the Friday 29/8.

kk? ;)

R

Rossco

SS alliance will be holding a private sidi raid on Wednesday the 27th August.

F

- Fedaykin -

I will be soloing sidi next tuesday and would like to reserve it

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
I will be soloing sidi next tuesday and would like to reserve it

funny. No, really ;)

R

Rossco

is everyone going to actually stick to these bookings or are certain people going to just carry on as they please and potentially ruin the organisation that is starting to emerge (finally) in albion.

last nights raid was not ruined, but many on the raid were outraged and upset when they discovered that there were people inside sidi just before we set off that had taken out the first keylord, wasnt a biggie but merely something that upset many via the actions of one or two selfish (?) people.

so if everyone would like to see albion organisation start to work and actually evolve into something that actually makes a difference, hows about starting by respecting the efforts of others and actually showing a slight amount of respect and honour.

cheers,

Rossco

PS. nope wasnt anything against the CoC, merely a complete U-Turn on the agreements being made here on BW and in game for a better albion.

F

Flimgoblin

there's no authority to this - it's just there so people who actually give a damn about anyone else can avoid scheduling a raid on top of someone.

The antisocial types will still go ahead anyway - or worse, plan to disrupt other people's raids.

R

Rossco

this is exactly my point, my concern is however over exactly who those antisocial types are. i dont feel the need to name anyone here, since i know full well that they will get the message and (hopefully) start acting more responsibly.

cheers

Rossco

F

- Fedaykin -

Can't claim sidi tbh

i was in that group of 7 who took first keylord and no we didn't know you had a raid planned.

we arn't being selfish at all - we just took some initiative and found ways to farm sidi without 100+ people

and we get lots more drops per person this way, unfortunately it has caused some trouble for others but since we started pulling in sidi at 10 am and were there all day it was technically our camp

F

Falcor

Fed, in words of spoc :)

The needs of the many outway the needs of the few :)

F

Flimgoblin

Can't claim sidi tbh

i was in that group of 7 who took first keylord and no we didn't know you had a raid planned.

we arn't being selfish at all - we just took some initiative and found ways to farm sidi without 100+ people

and we get lots more drops per person this way, unfortunately it has caused some trouble for others but since we started pulling in sidi at 10 am and were there all day it was technically our camp

I believe there was at least one person that knew about this thread there - there's nothing stopping you going in there before another raid but it's still pretty lame if you know about it before hand. Look at the raid timetable - there's hardly any days claimed, pick another day - post in advance and then if anyone else wants to raid that day it's on their own heads.

O

old.Ramas

Can't claim sidi tbh

That doesn't stop it being rather lame, and as above, there was at least one person in your group who *certainly* knew about this thread.

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by old.Ramas
That doesn't stop it being rather lame, and as above, there was at least one person in your group who *certainly* knew about this thread.

why is it lame that we want to go to sidi? it's a dungeon ffs if i said you couldn't hunt in DF because a few people wanted to do a Legion raid you'd be pissed off

F

Flimgoblin

why is it lame that we want to go to sidi? it's a dungeon ffs if i said you couldn't hunt in DF because a few people wanted to do a Legion raid you'd be pissed off

Sidi is particularly cack in that respect - if you kill anything in there you can ruin a raid. Especially if you kill the named ones. Hunting in DF is completely different - you kill the little monsters, they repop minutes later.

It's more like if someone was organising a Legion raid (including High lords) and you went in and killed one of the 4 highlords beforehand, and left behind a time-bomb.

It's not like Sidi's camped out every night - there's hardly ever mid-week raids there. The whole point of this calendar is so people can pick _other_ nights - if you want to do a small raid and only kill the first two keylords post here, then if someone else wants to raid they either have to pick another night or deal with not having the first two keylords (and a potential repopping of the entire dungeon on their heads).

Is it that hard to plan your raids in advance?

O

old.Ramas

The difference is that DF isn't on an 8 hour respawn. And named mobs in DF don't BAF every previous minor mob in the dungeon when they respawn before the players who did make a booking finish their raid.

If you personally weren't aware of this thread then fair enough, it's a new thing. Shit happens, people make mistakes, it's not that big a deal. I don't think it's you personally that all this is really aimed at tbh. As above, certain people in your group did know about this thread.

P

Pin

Stick me down for a guild-signup raid on Sunday 14th. No thread yet, but it looks like if I don't say 10+ days in advance I won't be allowed in :p

I

ilienwyn

:rolleyes:

Can i be door keeper taking "donations" for entrance to dungeon?? :D :cool:

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by ilienwyn
:rolleyes:

Can i be door keeper taking "donations" for entrance to dungeon?? :D :cool:

If the point that you're making is that someone's trying to "own" Sidi, then you're being very silly. No one, as has been said over and over again, is trying to own the place. There's no authority to this. The point is simply to let people know when there's a raid going on so that other people can avoid going there then.

We could, of course, not bother. In which case, when you eventually do your own Sidi raid and find it's ruined because another group was down there earlier and you get a respawn on top of your head while on one of the mobs, don't be pissed off - it's your own stupid fault.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Pin
Stick me down for a guild-signup raid on Sunday 14th. No thread yet, but it looks like if I don't say 10+ days in advance I won't be allowed in :p

bah stealing our sundays...

no, wait means I get to do something different on a sunday - yay :D

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Gordonax
If the point that you're making is that someone's trying to "own" Sidi, then you're being very silly. No one, as has been said over and over again, is trying to own the place. There's no authority to this. The point is simply to let people know when there's a raid going on so that other people can avoid going there then.

We could, of course, not bother. In which case, when you eventually do your own Sidi raid and find it's ruined because another group was down there earlier and you get a respawn on top of your head while on one of the mobs, don't be pissed off - it's your own stupid fault.

Nah mate, i simply point out how popular Sidi has become that we arrange the raids 2 weeks beforehand in order to go there. And i really like this system of booking sheet making easier to arrange/run a raid without the problem of getting there and finding it empty. I have fun going to raids especially small ones. So, see you there...:cool:

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Nah mate, i simply point out how popular Sidi has become that we arrange the raids 2 weeks beforehand in order to go there. And i really like this system of booking sheet making easier to arrange/run a raid without the problem of getting there and finding it empty. I have fun going to raids especially small ones. So, see you there...:cool:

Bah, stop being reasonable when I'm looking for a fight :D

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Friday 5th: BF alliance (invite-only)
Many thanks to whoever decided to read that, ignore it and go to sidi killing the first few mobs.

I

ilienwyn

well, maybe we should inform more people cause some don't know or "choose" not to know this...

D

Draylor

Oh they know, they just choose to ignore it.

Some people ..... :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: Sidi Booking Sheet

Originally posted by Draylor
Many thanks to whoever decided to read that, ignore it and go to sidi killing the first few mobs.

was it the same person as the one that upset the SS alliance raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom