SI wont start, click on shortcut and nothing happens

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
So I installed classic and SI, the first time running SI it would patch the patcher, after that it wont stary. I click on it and the hourglass cursor shows for a sec and then nothing. Classic starts just fine and goes up to patching the game, should I fully patch classic first? It's a 4 hour download so don't want to do it if I have to then reinstall again..

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
You dont need to install classic at all.(Wasn't classic made redundant with NF anyway?) Just install SI. If you have to, you may want to reinstall SI as something has gone wrong somewhere. Also make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
I assume your other games work fine? Could be worth checking how much harddrive space you have left for a swap file, as DAoC eats a lot of vritual memory.
Best bet is probably to uninstall both SI and class, then reinstall just SI.

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
I tried reinstalling, but not much luck there. And yes, I have a sufficient computer, It's worked fine in the past but now I just had it uninstalled for a few months. I noticed I had only 1gig of space on my HD and thought that could be causing it, but I deleted some stuff and it still doesn't work. I also tried patching it both before and after installing foundations and NF, makes no difference.

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
I installed camelot,SI and ToA today ToA enters fine, but tryed to enter Si and camelot and had same problem, beats me :p

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, I uninstalled both and installed only SI, on the first time it patched the patcher and on the second time it gave me 404 error wait a while and try again or check your internet settings. My internet settings are obviously fine, but it must be a connection problem. Could some IPs be wrong somewhere in the config files or something? I don't have Toa, but I noticed you can download it for free, could do that to atleast see if it would patch. Only thing is the link on goa website is broken :touch:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
open your update.dat file. Make sure it looks like this inside:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

You need the two lines even though they are the same. If you've installed your version from scratch using an older SI CD, you'll only have one of the patcher lines, which is what is causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom