SI tomorrow??? Guess not... only patch, but no SI yet ?

D

doneagle

If you read the news carefully , wednesday = patchday to 1.57 but SI will be for friday. Especially the line :

"We will do another briefing tomorrow about Shrouded Isles. "

Makes me think the patch and Si is seperate And patch to SI will be for friday.

Flame away

A

Apathy

Who can tell? Their mangled Franglais translations do my head in.

They are probably trying to say "HELP! We are locked in a supplier agreement with Wanadoo! Aieeeeeee!".

a.

T

Tilda

no, its released in europe and by amazon.co.uk in the UK today
its released in the shops on friday in the UK because thats the day that games are always released.

Tilda

B

Belsameth

from the same news item
With less than 24 hours to the European release of Shrouded Isles and the patching of our servers to 1.57, it is time to share our plans with you. Tomorrow, we will both install Shrouded Isles and the patch 1.57 on the European servers.

that's settled then :)

D

DocWolfe

I dont think patching to SI and the 1.57 patch are any different. SI is simply client side really, americans had SI since 1.54.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Tilda
no, its released in europe and by amazon.co.uk in the UK today
its released in the shops on friday in the UK because thats the day that games are always released.

Tilda

I really dont understand this - I've purchased 3 games in the last few weeks, ALL have been purchased and arrived mid week when they were released.

I honestly think this "Games are ONLY released on Friday" is a crock of shite, prove me wrong someone... please !!

T

Tilda

there released in SHOPS on fridays, ie in your local town
this is due to the general logistics, its also the day when people traditionally get paid thus they get more sales.

its released generally ONLINE on wednesday because thats the release date and thats when its getting patched, and if you have a copy you can start playing today, this is because online companies dont have to worry about logistics as much as people who acctually have a store etc.

Tilda

V

VidX

The UK High-street stores official release day is on a Friday for all games and software, and movies on Monday.

This is simply a distribution issue.

The rest of Europe gets Wednesday, we get Friday. Oh well.

Simply put: they don't want the hassle of re-arranging the shelves twice in one week, and I know how much a pain that is cause I used to work in a games store :)

Actually, no, it's a pain we don't get it the same day as the rest of Europe.

Amazon and other online stores have no merchandising issues to worry about, so can ship the products on time if there is a mid-week release.

A

agraucred

there released in SHOPS on fridays, ie in your local town
this is due to the general logistics, its also the day when people traditionally get paid thus they get more sales.

Tilda

argh, so soon game will only be available monthly!!!

pay is nothing to do with it, cds, dvds and game use these dates for charts, and because it has become an unwritten rule in some cases, if the majority are released on a set day then others will follow, simply because its kinda cost effective for deliveries from warehouses to stores. however, most big places like hmv, game, virgin etc would have no problem with a mid-week release, its just the little shops. (for example, a wednesday release games would be shipped with DVD's)

F

Flimgoblin

I got told by the bloke in GAME even if it does appear on wednesday they won't start selling it until friday unless some other shop in edinburgh is selling it on wednesday.

However my amazon copy arrived this morning :)

(well the GFs did - mine is still 'dispatching soon' ARGH)

Oh well was planning to do some classic-lands stuff tonight anyway :) Guess I don't get the swanky new engine for it.

A

Apathy

Mythic should have made the SI CD downloadable as an ISO.

a.

A

agraucred

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I got told by the bloke in GAME even if it does appear on wednesday they won't start selling it until friday unless some other shop in edinburgh is selling it on wednesday.

this is because of the official uk release date, when game thought it was the 19th they said that all stores would have it instock and on shelves, even if it is a mid-week release

N

-Nxs-

there released in SHOPS on fridays, its released generally ONLINE on wednesday Tilda

Thanks cleared it all up, rarely visit the shops now, internet shopping is the way to go.

C

ChillyDawg

ROFL!
That is quite possibly the most stupid thing iv EVER heard u say m8, and iv heard u talk some pretty stupid shit in my time! Just THINK how many ADSL(and above) monkeys there are out there who would plain destroy the hosts network. It might even border on the anarchy caused by CS(counter strike) patches, and THATS bad, as im sure many of u know.
But anyway, all that beside the point, your right, they should have, then Mythic's network might have been reduced to a network eqivalent of trying to take a piss with syphallis(god knows how to spell that). Would be great, then the VN borads would crash, cause all the cheese eating whine drinking yanks would all decend and whine whine WHINE.
After writing all that, your idea is actually quite good apathy, just as long and no stupid bugger tries to host it anywhere near ther UK....

Dawg

C

ChillyDawg

btwm that post was for apathy, between me clicky reply and then submit there were two or 3 more posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom