SI = more fps lag?

A

Ajanti

I recently installed the SI expansion. I have not noticed any increase in my frames per second. Moving around in cities, or near a large number of realmmates/enemies, is still a slideshow for me. There is, however, one difference I *have* noticed. When I press my "target nearest enemy" key I get fps lag. This lag is similar to the lag that occurs when you switch weapons. As an assassin, I use the "target nearest enemy" key a lot, and I find it extremely annoying that I get fps lag everytime I use it.

Anyway, this is not a whine about SI, but Im curious how SI has affected YOUR frames per second? And have you noticed this "target nearest enemy" lag?

My system:
AMD XP 1800+
512 MB RAM
GeForce3 TI 500

My settings:
800x600 resolution
Classic shadows (self only)
Classic water
(Basicly exactly the same graphics as before SI)

C

CliffyG

I'd try some different drivers, there's no way you should get that performance with those low settings.

O

old.Xarr

ï have all the shadows on, max water, max clip range. all on maximum and it's silky smooth here. we were in TG (mid new epic dungeon) yesterday and we were like 50 people and it was so smooth.

my specs are:

p4 2.4ghz
512ram
radeon 9700pro (catalyst 3.1 drivers)

got this setup in october and it hasn't failed me yet.

S

SFXman

My FPS have improved... I play on a 1ghz Thunderbird, 256mb ram, GeForce 2 GTS...
I use 1024 with "far" for both options, classic water (duh, can't see it on GF2 anyway), shadows on all and all spell effects.
I use the latest Detonator drivers (41.09 Win XP, 41.09 Win 9x/ME), LATEST Via 4-in-1 (GET them if you have a VIA chipset motherboard, Via Hyperion 4in1 v4.45), and DirectX 9 (here).

Also, try turning off anti-aliasing, although on that system I doubt you have to... I have AA always off... also set the GeForce options for best performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom