SI in !!!!!!!!

L

-Lonewolf-

Yeah but the servers haven't been patched mate

So er....u gonna sit there and stare at the box?

S

Sibanac

patch day is probly tomorow since that is european relase.

Bad news is i wont make it today to pick it up :(

oh well if patch day gets confirmed i'll take a day of work got enough overtime :)

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I wish I had a SI game I could stare at :(

S

Sibanac

Teh Fonz!!1, dont worry i'll post a picture for you to stare at :)

now kemor tell me you are patching tomorow ! *grin*

R

Roo Stercogburn

I got confirmation this afternoon my copy of SI has been dispatched.

More undead, coming to a tomte camp near you soon.

Bring on the social mobs. ITCHING to go after those Isalf gits.

MUHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

C

cizz

To bad that we can´t play it anyway unless goa fix that damn subscriptionpage. I doubt they have fixed it untill tomorrow. I could log in one time, tho next time it was down again. Great work !

T

Tiwaz

Originally posted by Sibanac
patch day is probly tomorow since that is european relase.

A little correction - The release tomorrow is only the German and the French versions, the English release isn't until friday. That gives you a little more time to visit you local games dealer:)

K

klavrynd

Sibanac, you sir are my god (at least for an hour or so)

order placed

:clap:

I

Indiana Jones

there's an official statement somewhere on the board by kemor

tomorrow ALL servers will be patched to 1.57 and have the SI upgrade (that means french, german and english servers)

but the official release of SI in the UK is on the 21st, but outside the UK the english version is already sold on the 19th

A

agraucred

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
but the official release of SI in the UK is on the 21st, but outside the UK the english version is already sold on the 19th

i never realised untill seeing it put into writting just how stupid Goa are with this whole release date issue. how lame is it that you can buy the uk version outisde of the uk on the 19th, but not in the uk until the 21st? ok, so some shops might have issues with a midweek game release, web based sales wouldnt...

T

Teh Fonz!!1

You can't release games in the UK on any other day than a Friday.

GOA are not to blame for once.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by agraucred

i never realised untill seeing it put into writting just how stupid Goa are with this whole release date issue. how lame is it that you can buy the uk version outisde of the uk on the 19th, but not in the uk until the 21st? ok, so some shops might have issues with a midweek game release, web based sales wouldnt...
Well Kemor i think it was said it's not Goa that decided to release it the 21st but the stores, they cant stand a game release in a middle of a week.

S

Sibanac

Its official on the news page, tomorow is patch day :) all day long :(

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
You can't release games in the UK on any other day than a Friday.

GOA are not to blame for once.

Kinda disagree here, think is a lame ass excuse by GOA, C&C Generals was released yesterday (monday) my copy arrived today from amazon.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by -Nxs-

Kinda disagree here, think is a lame ass excuse by GOA, C&C Generals was released yesterday (monday) my copy arrived today from amazon.

Think the important piece of info there is from Amazon

Its the high street stores that demand software is released on a friday. Same way that they demand singles are released on a monday. Its all to do with displays and the like.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Okay maybe they're releasing it on a Friday so the weekend sales will add to the weekly sales and so they'll probably be at the number one top selling position charty thingie for that week.

If you follow...

A

agraucred

aye, i disagree with that aswell, games have been released mid-week before, and any decent game store (ie, game) would have no problem with that. hell, when i emailed them to check the release date (when game had it noted as 19th) asking about a midweek release they stated that they could and would ship games to stores for a mid-week release, the only thing it relies on is the companies official release date. i realise things do tend to stick to certain unwritten rules (usually for charts) but you'd think that for a european release, they would give one date, then it only depends on the stores. anyway, i have mine ordered with amazon and should be getting it tomorrow, so makes no difference to me, just goa being rather lame in my oppinion, you'd never see them release a uk version on a friday and then in the EU the following wednesday would you?

A

Aileanara

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
Okay maybe they're releasing it on a Friday so the weekend sales will add to the weekly sales and so they'll probably be at the number one top selling position charty thingie for that week.

If you follow...

Methinks Unreal 2 or Sims will still be number 1

I dont play any other game but Camelot these days but I just can't see a MMORPG getting No 1 (though I suppose 1 week isn't too much) much as I'd like to see it happen.

B

BrassMonkey

C&C Generals was released yesterday (monday) my copy arrived today from amazon.

If your in UK Generals was released last Friday, it took up my whole weekend blowing stuff up :D I'd give amazon a slap for that if your in the UK and pre-ordered it

S

shilak

The release date is the 19th, but most UK high street shops update the stock on their shelves on specific days of the week. Friday is the day that is typically used for doing computer games, hence most shops wont have it on the shelves until Friday. That said, you can order it from an online shop and have it delivered on the official release date, i.e. 19th. Some smaller independant game shops are likely to be selling it on the shelves from the 19th as they dont have to worry about the logistics of shipping stuff to multiple shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom