SI graphics aren't what they should be !

O

old.kesha

Hi,

I have a Geforce 3, AMD XP 1.6, 256 mb DDR ram.

I just installed the newest Detonator drivers and I started SI.

But my GFX are so fucked up :/ everything is NON detailed, unless I switch to first person view with F11, I have changed everything to FULL in my SI options, but still that didden't help...

Could somebody please help me with this problem? It's verry annoying since I tried 6 hours to reg SI and I can't play it now.

Thanks in advantage!

F

Flimgoblin

you;re using the SI client yes? and not the normal daoc one?

sure you're using a geforce 3Ti?
everyone else with that card seems to be getting on fine...

go look at some water :)

O

old.job

Try going 1 back on the gforce drivers. my gforce4 t14200 fuks up using the latest ones, im running 40.71, runs like a dream.

Can you belive this?
Heaven forbid these people would actually write a good driver, whats weird is I went one back and daoc ran perfect, but LOR wont run at all now, but it was crap anyway so no worries.

P

psykyker

Any clues where I can get hold of those 40.71 drivers (cos my system keep crapping out , but only in SI - new ti4200 card)?

The web site only seems to have 40.72 which are possibly causing my problems.

P

psykyker

Blast!

SI still crashing with 40.71 drivers.

I'm really glad I bought this ti4200 card (sarcasm)

B

Belsameth

are you sure it is the card?
and did you install the drivers the correct way?
the correct way being first install a default VGA card to make sure your previous drivers are uninstalled and non of the files are in use, and THEN installing the desired detonator drivers?
if you don't follow that procedure you rist leaving some of the previous drivers in place, which could be the cause of your problems.

another thing I noticed is that you run an AMD athlon, which leads me to belief you have a VIA chipset on your mobo. have you updated the 4in1 drivers lately? those can help a fair bit as well (if you haven't, you can find them at the VIA site, www.viatech.com if I'm not mistaken)

N

noUser

via 4in1

just a note:
The game crashed on me every time i died (which was a lot some levels ago...). Then i updated the via 4in1, now it runs like a dream...

Hope it helps...

//noUser

E

Elrond/Ruffting

has anyone found a fix for this problem of really low detail textures?

B

Brevis

afaik the eyecandy is for GF4 gfx card users only, not completely sure thou

If you see people without colors etc even at close range, open your options window and change LOD or one of the others range, that may affect something

G

gorff

can you tell me which is the best quality setting,is it

Clip plane far?
Lod far? or should they be set to near? the water looks fantastic but i would have to agree about the texture detail,it doesn't look that different.

My specs
Asus P4S8X, with raid,firewire,usb2,8x agp, motherboard,based on a sis486 chip set

P4 2.53, sckt 478, 533bus processor,

512mb PC2700, 333mhz memory,

ATI 9700 Pro 128mb video card,

Maxtor 120gb 2mb 7200rpm HDD,

550 watt P4 power supply,

Sony 52x, 24x, 52x cd rewriter

c-media ac97 onboard audio

creative sblive

Directx 9

F

Flimgoblin

clip plane is how far you see polygons... would be nice to turn down the scenery clip plane but keep the player clip plane high (for RvR :)) but looks like it's just the one...

Level of Details is how far away you see their armour etc. - so you can probably live with reducing that right down.

For speed turn off shadows and make it either low quality/seldom update water or classic water.

But if you're in PvE turn them all back up :)

G

gorff

Speed is not a problem i just want it to look great :)

P

psykyker

Originally posted by Belsameth

another thing I noticed is that you run an AMD athlon, which leads me to belief you have a VIA chipset on your mobo. have you updated the 4in1 drivers lately? those can help a fair bit as well (if you haven't, you can find them at the VIA site, www.viatech.com if I'm not mistaken) [/B]

Works like a dream now I've installed the latest 4in1 drivers.

Thanks mate.

PS download site is http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

F

freewheelin

4in1 seem to be the answer for some of us

I have related my story in the SI Windows crash to desktop thread.

I had lots of problems until I installed the Via 4in1 ver 4.45.

SI now runs like a dream and stable as a rock, for me it was the miracle cure.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Seems to me the most important things are always:

1) Latest drivers for your GFX card
2) Direct X 8.1 or above
3) Motherboard bios flash (Normally the VIA 4in1 that are dodgy here)

Checking these normally in that order seems to cure all the major problems ppl are having. The latter maybe an AGP issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom