SI from Play.Com

O

old.Xanthian

Anyone recieved their copy yet?
Ordered it AGES ago hoping to get it on release date, but still feck all :(

M

mavericky

I ordered mine from gameplay, got it today, opened it up and there was no insruction manuel, so no CD keys. Wasnt happy at all. I've gone and bought it from a local shop now.

Might i suggest with your issues canceling it from play.com and going out to get it (if there is a local store with stock) no point waiting for the pre-order if they cant deliver on time

O

old.Xanthian

On my order page, it says they shipped it on the 19th, and that I cannot cancel my order :(

Fucking abysmal service if it takes them 48+ hours to send a package 100 miles.

M

Madonion Slicer

Order 2 copies from Play.com, shows they posted on the 19th, dont have them as of yet, am very much in doubt i will see it today.

But hey if i dont have it i cant be getting frustrated about trying to activate it, hell if i get it Monday i wont be bothered means all the bugs and problems will be sorted and i have plan sailing.

A

Apathy

I got an email from them on the 20th after asking about it -

Your disk has now been posted. Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days.

We apologise for any delay.

I just went to GAME and bought a copy yesterday. ~shrug~ Need two copies anyway.

a.

J

Javai

Play.com send stuff from Jersey so it tends to take two days rather than one. Usually though the saving is worth the wait.

T

talen_sun

On my order page, it says they shipped it on the 19th, and that I cannot cancel my order

Fucking abysmal service if it takes them 48+ hours to send a package 100 miles.

Um, Play don't actually deliever it.. They just put it in the post.

Try flaming Royal Mail, and whoever does the mail in Jersey...

duh!

oh, and for reference, i also ordered from play and am still waiting...

C

[CT]Clone1

Well, I ordered mine from Play at first then I rang them on Thursday.

She said to me we aint got any stock in yet and we only receive stock once a week so there's a chance you might not get it until next friday.

Hence I cancelled and bought it from GAME.

It does take at LEAST 3 working days from Jersey to mainland UK - but that does include Saturday, so If they said they posted it on the 19th (which do remember I foned them on the 20th and they said they had no stock in!) then you would be looking at Saturday / Monday. I would think it would be more likely you can expect to see if Wed - Fri. Sorry to put a damper on things.

I'll only use play in the future for stuff I can wait a week for - then the price is a prime factor.

In this instance Amazon have been on top form. Mate pre-ordered it from them - on his doormat 7am Wednesday morning. Also, he ordered the official SI Guide from Prima from Amazon too - supposed to be available in 1-2 weeks - they sent him an email the same day saying it had been shipped lol - now THAT'S service!

Hope you all get on soon :D

O

old.Xanthian

Just got off the phone to some dosy cow at Play.
She said it was sent on the 19th and I will recieve it on Monday!

I tried explaining that the idea behind pre-order was to get the game on release date to avoid the rush, but she didnt seem to understand.

Oh well, i'll just have to wait till monday, play wont be getting any more of my custom, crap service, no wonder its free post :rolleyes:

B

Botlin

I live in Jersey. Even I don't use Play!

Oh and by the way it's Jersey Post that operate in Jersey.

S

si1verwolf

I emailed this link to info@play247.com ... hope they take a look... I'm also awaiting my copy... also posted on the 19th...

Oh well... next time we should all use Amazon!

Have we all spammed complaints to play? Well, nothing else to do until SI gets here! :(

Then again - we might have missed all the registering fuss, etc

D

DocWolfe

I was told by a reliable source that although the company is based in Jersey its distribution center was in Milton Keaynes

S

snoz

Same for me Im still waiting for the game to arrive, If i new it took this long I'd have paid the extra and got from amazon :(

C

CliffyG

Play are good for most things but shite for pre-orders, they normally turn up 3 - 4 days after release.

K

Kagato.

Thanks, you saved me from having to make a thread myself whining about play.com

Exactly the same situration, pre-ordered two copies (one to post to an american friend on excal) and it says they were posted on the 19th, and yet nothing at all today.

Yet a mate at work simply walked down to the local shops and brought a copy from there yesterday !

Whats the bloody point in pre-ordering, I pre-ordered for the garuntee of getting it, not to make a saving, its not that much.

M

MalokOfAxiom

This, taken from Play.Com's own Terms & Conditions..

Section:- General, Item 12..

You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by clicking on the ‘cancel’ link next to the product ordered on your account page on the website. We can also accept cancellations by email to info@play247.com or by post or by telephoning 0845 800 1020 during normal office hours.
You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 7 working days from the day after you receive the product by: 12.1 sending the notice of cancellation by email to info@play247.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number;
and/or
12.2 where you have already received the goods, returning the goods to play.com unopened together with the original invoice within 7 working days from the date that you received the goods.
Play.com will then refund you the purchase price of the goods. Where appropriate play.com shall refund any additional customs duties borne by you on receipt of the relevant customs receipt.

So you see, you still can return the goods when you eventually receive them..

S

StormriderX

says mine was sent out on the 19th as well - if I still havent got it tomorrow I'll see if my local game shop has a copy then I'll ring in to cancel.

R

Reverant Mezz

yep every dvd i ordered from there takes 2-3 days to come after its posted status

E

Envenom2

lol at all u geeks who buy online why dont you just save yourself alot of hassle and just go down the shop and buy it lol.

Xanthian how did you order online mate? mummy let you use her card? rofl!

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Envenom2
lol at all u geeks who buy online why dont you just save yourself alot of hassle and just go down the shop and buy it lol.

ooh, a mature post.

One of my friends here at Uni is still waiting for his from play.com, he range them and they said 3-5 days :/ He's gone into depression that we're all playing it (after ordering from amazon).

the cnuts.

A

Apathy

Got mine this morning. The boxed set is really rather nice. Cute maps, if a little useless...could do with horse routes marked on them.

a.

U

Uriron

Play.com delivered mine this morning finally (won't be preordering from them again even tho the price was very good)

At this moment i have been unable to register the expansion pack and have got bored with reading the manual back to front upside down etc.

Boxed set is very nice and only cost £3 more than the expansion alone :) or £2 less than the price at Game shops.

Play.com suck do not preorder from them ever.

O

old.Xanthian

lol

A little bitter that we jumped you in gorge ?
And then u tried to get me at AMG again and u legged it, lol...

BTW If thats an SC kit you got there, its shite.

H

hint

well some of us are a little straped for cash/lazy.

besides if i want to go to Game and pay £19 for SI then i will. If i want to book it from Play.com for £14 i will. oh and don't forget that you can get the DAoC+SI bundle for £17 from Play.com.

so if you want to go to Game and get ripped of then feel free.

ps. lol

T

talen_sun

I was told by a reliable source that although the company is based in Jersey its distribution center was in Milton Keaynes

Hate to say it, but your reliable source, isn't that reliable. If the distribution centre is in Milton Keynes, why do the postmarks state Jersey on them? Do they send it to Jersey then post it first?

Maybe thats why it takes so long for the damn things to arrive...

No offence, but I'd check that 'reliable' source if I were you...

M

Madonion Slicer

Well it is Monday Morning and i still not got mine, or thought as of yet no post this morning so i am hopeful.

Although i am assume from all the winge posting if i did get it over the weekend i would not of got it working so i guess i saved myself a little stress.

M

Madonion Slicer

Post came both copies arrived and already activated both copies.

Easy Peasy, damn now i have to wait to 6pm til i leave work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom