SI Crashes.

G

Garris-

To all those who've got SI working.. do you experience the game hanging occaisionaly?

Its getting frustrating, usually I'll finish a kill with my Reaver and my entire PC will hang.

It might be due to server load, I dunno.. I'm above the reccomended specs.

A

Alrindel

Radeon card by any chance? Others have reported similar problems here, but Radeon users seem to be having more trouble than GeForce users... :(

E

Envenom2

im Radeon and i dont recomend them for playing DAOC every hour or so game just exits to the desktop tried drivers etc nothing works

G

Garris-

Think I fixed it.. disabling zonealarm seems to have stopped the hanging.

P

parisienscot

Doh!

Zonealarm is a bit of a b*gger but once you manage to get all the boxes ticked it should work OK.

Only thing is it takes up some of your RAM - I know when i do ctrl alt delete I have a shockingly long list of stuff in the Process screen and I don't know what most of it does. Tried to shut down a few things which helps, but be careful coz if you shut the wrong one your computer will restart and you'll have to start all over again :-(

P

Pinvan

i got crashing problems too, was playing for 5hours this morning, never left camelot/camelot hills with my reaver, i go over to the new zones, eveythings ok, come out, grab a horse to cam hills, and a few horse lengths into camp forest game hangs the whole comp, 5 times in 30mins it happened, took ages to get outta there and for it to stop crashing.

bout another half hour later i grab my pala to help a guildie on his lv50 epic, few seconds after goin into camp forest, hangs.

tbh what a crock of shit :(

(no i dont have zone alarm on 56k, im way above min specs with a gf4 ti4400 etc)

K

kameh

from DAOC - US site

Click on the Windows start button. Next click on run and type in DXDIAG. Once the DXDIAG box pops up please click on the display tab The next step would be to disable, then re-enable all 3 of the DirectX features. After you have re-enabled all three of these features, please run the test again. If the test is successful you may then proceed to play Shrouded Isles to see if the problem at hand is corrected.

You may also want to try setting your monitors refresh rate to 75Hz. You can do this by performing the following:

Right click on the Windows desktop enviornment. Click on properties. Next click on the settings tab. Next click on the Advanced tab. Next click on the Monitor tab. Under this section you will be able to select the 75Hz option if your monitor allows that rate.

(Please note, some older monitors cannot handle above 75Hz and will black out. If this does happen, reboot into safe mode *F8 on bootup* and go back and change your resolution to a known working one.)

Also you might want to check this out, I've done all of the above and applied the following patch and had no crashes since. Previously SI would crash every 2-3mins whilst in Isle of Glass

If you wish to try a test driver from the folks at Viaarena, this has been known to help customers with this problem. Please note that this driver is not official. Mythic Entertainment does not guarantee it's success and cannot be held responsible for any performance problems resulting in the install.

THIS PATCH IS FOR VIA CHIPSET ONLY
The driver can be found here: http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/others/Test_driver1.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom