shrouded

O

old.job

People without the expansion will be able to see the new Chars ,but not play them, so all the models and textures, sound efects will have to be downloaded to everyone regardless if they buy it or not.

What about he new zones though, your in a grp, someone says less go to whatever place in the expansion, and 2 in the grp say they haven't got it.
I presume any fancy drops from SI will be wearable by everyone.

E

exc_hib_boo

You will not be able to enter the new zones with the old client, the drops should be wearable by anyone of the pre-requisite class.

A

Alrindel

You can't get to the new zones if you don't have the expansion. You can use items that come from the new zones, though. It's like friends bringing you back presents from the duty free.

F

fl3a

and also u can play the new classes with the old version AS LONG as you are out of the new area.

C

CliffyG

How is that possible? i thought the new classes starting cities were in the new zones.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by CliffyG
How is that possible? i thought the new classes starting cities were in the new zones.

They are, you can't play the new classes without buying SI. :)

O

old.Zarff

yep u can't... u can c the new classes but not play em b4 u buy SI.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Alrindel
You can use items that come from the new zones, though. It's like friends bringing you back presents from the duty free.
:clap:

O

old.Raziel

Not really on the same topic but will post it here.

just a thought but i wonder if its possible to install the US SI over the EU DAOC?

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.Raziel
Not really on the same topic but will post it here.

just a thought but i wonder if its possible to install the US SI over the EU DAOC?

Good question. I only have a US CD of the game, but have legal ownership of a EU copy of DAoC, and therefore a legal EU CD key which I used to create my account. With SI though, perhaps it will look for an existing US DAoC account. I would think, therefore, that if you are going to buy a US copy of SI, you will need to buy a US copy of DAoC and install that first, and create yourself a US account. The best people to answer your question would be the US tech support team.

A

Alrindel

I'm sure that it will not be possible (at least not intentionally ;) ). To be able to log onto GOA's servers using a SI client, you will need to upgrade your account to a SI account - and for that you will need a european cd-key. To be able to log onto Mythic's servers using a SI client you will have to have an existing DAoC account with them, and then upgrade it with a US cd-key.

O

old.Raziel

might be worth looking into, would be good if u could put a US SI over a EU DAOC then play on US servers, would save buying a new copy of a game u already have

F

Flimgoblin

the si key is just an 'activation key' I think... not an account key.

So buying SI+euro account won't let you play on US servers.

P

pcentella

I would mail Rightnow; they should be the ones who know that the best (or mail both Rightnow and USA Tech Support)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom