Shrouded isles water

J

Jack_The_Dorf

Is it just me or does the water in SI look completely out of place

G

galdora

rofl.

Why, where do you want it. In the sky? against a wall? ;)

D

Danya

He wants it like it is, a completely unrealistic flat blue-textured plane.

D

Damon_D

Think most of the water he see's is in his head, floating down into his eye's.. I can see how that could be annoying thou

O

ONE>Kid

He has a point i dont think the water blends in to the other gfx surroundings, compared with the other gfx background it looks out of place.

T

Tiwaz

Well, I tend to agree. The water looks too realistic compared to the rest of the landscape. Kind of like a scene out of Roger Rabbit (I know it's an ooold movie) . Part cartoon, part real pictures:)

Tapwoot, you're not alone ;)

O

old.job

Yeah ,but it will look OK in motion trust me.

It does look a bit like the melted solder look of the cyborg in Terminator2.

T

Tenko

What I think he's getting at is that the water looks really, really good, very realistic yet the other textures don't.

Therefore the water (or the rest of the graphics) look out of place.
The Roger Rabbit analogy is good.

O

old.Charonel

well they use exactly the same effect in morrowind, and it looks damn good in motion there, especially when raining and the surface actually deforms (or at least seems too) with the drops of rain hitting it :)

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by old.Charonel
well they use exactly the same effect in morrowing, and it looks damn good in motion there, especially when raining and the surface actually deforms (or at least seems too) with the drops of rain hitting it :)

*makes awe-filled noises*

B

Brunore

Originally posted by old.Charonel
well they use exactly the same effect in morrowing, and it looks damn good in motion there, especially when raining and the surface actually deforms (or at least seems too) with the drops of rain hitting it :)

The backgrounds in Morrowind are much better then SI though.

O

old.Karamon

IMO Morrowind has the best water effect in a game ever, the only possible drawback (if any) is it appears too much "metallic water"
I suppose it will be the same in SI.
I only hope there won't be more low fps in large raids... :(

S

slapmesilly..

Originally posted by old.Karamon
IMO Morrowind has the best water effect in a game ever, the only possible drawback (if any) is it appears too much "metallic water"
I suppose it will be the same in SI.
I only hope there won't be more low fps in large raids... :(

Yeah, the huge masses of water in Emain will surely deliver us lag! NERF TEH WATER IN EMAIN!!!!!!11

/sarcasm

O

old.LandShark

the water in SI DOES look completely out of place. Polished-chrome water in the middle of Quake1-standard 3D low-polycount zones....

S

Sarnat

They're also adding 'improved' clutter to ground in SI. If this will happen to old zones, I don't know... But the improved grass/rocks whatever looks nice on latest SI screenies.

G

galdora

Gonna respec to Mastery of Water V so I can enjoy it to the full.

O

old.Tohtori

I think the water looks like "realistic" as it is in games today, this being of two things:

Huge oilspill and ecological disaster site.

or

A drunken old dwarf who drank too much ale and took a piddle into every pool in the land.

O

old.job

the water in SI DOES look completely out of place. Polished-chrome water in the middle of Quake1-standard 3D low-polycount zones....

I agree, even the SI shots look no better than 'Unreal' which must be like 5 years old now.
Whats goin on? Does Morrowind look better than those SI shots, I 've heard it said it's the same engine, but surely it looks better than that.

Maybe it's just that static screenshots can never do a game justice, but objects still look stuck there, trees, dungeon entrances all boulders in the game just look cut and paste with minimal polygon counts and straight edges. The SI shots so far don't seem any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom