Shrouded Isles release date! :D

O

old.Kram

Acording to EBGames, Shouldred Isles : "Ships on 12/03/2002"

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=225269

Copy+paste:

Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles will contain loads of new quests, weapons, armor, outfits, monsters, advanced monster encounters, and a ton of other additions.
New graphical engine with spectacular new visual effects

* New graphical engine with spectacular new visual effects
* Three new Island continents in which to explore and adventure (one per realm)
* One new player race per Realm - three total.
* Two new player classes per Realm - six total.
* All new ambient music soundtrack
* Revamped user interface

Specialy the new gfx engine will be great :clap: lotta good screenshots on the page to, some very nice work there, waterfall etc.

Gonna be great with new areas to battle! :D

B

Bedroc the Hero

Any news on when well see it in europe?

O

old.Kram

Can't be that late, when it ships so soon for U.S. =)

O

old.neenee

lets hope jan sometime then :)

i would be happy with that.

P

Psy|:m00:

I'd say Late February/early March would be a more optimistic guess :p

S

Sigurd

lol, you're happy that we get it months after the yanks?

W

Whoodoo_RD

Hmm, might be worth going over to US then, will be months b4 we get it due to this translation crap.

In order we'll get

1.53 - around Jan-Feb 2003
1.54 - around Mar-Apr 2003
SI - around the time my 9 year old son passes all his A levels and finishes university.
1.55?? - maybe before SI (this patch will make Thanes useful, soz wishful thinking)

Any linguists wanna offer GOA a hand pls, speed it all up for us?

S

SevenSins

Poor GOA, they won't be able to release SI here before christmas.

Which is a darned good strategy tho in the US :p

They won't have much trouble converting 1.53, 1.54 is what it's all about, 51 pages of Spellcrafting and Alchemy to translate to French and German, and correct british english (rofl).

Let's hope a miracle happens for GOA and that they're done on the 20th of december so they can take the rest of the year off :p

-The SevenSins

O

old.neenee

Originally posted by the_chimera
lol, you're happy that we get it months after the yanks?

i said january, which is not months after the yanks. december > january ? 1 month? yea. well january comes after decemeber afaik, unless someone changed it without me knowing. wont happen but worth hoping /shrug

W

Wee Soulkeeper

Originally posted by SevenSins
Poor GOA, they won't be able to release SI here before christmas.

Which is a darned good strategy tho in the US :p

They won't have much trouble converting 1.53, 1.54 is what it's all about, 51 pages of Spellcrafting and Alchemy to translate to French and German, and correct british english (rofl).

Let's hope a miracle happens for GOA and that they're done on the 20th of december so they can take the rest of the year off :p

-The SevenSins

Aye to miss the christmas race are a big mistake :-(

T

Tesla Monkor

The next patch we're getting is 1.53+1.54. We won't be getting 1.53 seperately.

E

exc_hib_boo

If thats a fact its a real shame.. I'd rather have 1.53 with the new dungeon asap and wait a little longer for spellcrarting etc, since its a lot to translate obviously.

1.52 is nice and all but not much new content except for a few skins and a spawn of fairies (and the icons which I'm starting to like).

O

old.job

I don't think 'release before Christmas' means a lot with an expansion pack for a game with very few new players.

It's not like most people playing DAOC are waiting to see if SI is in their Christmas stocking. The expansion will sell like hotcakes to the player database no matter when it ships.

Will it just be an expansion, or will the whole game be on the disk?
Might of made sense to do that, then any new players could be tempted by the new upgrade and not have to buy both copies.

O

old.Tohtori

Acording to EBGames, Shouldred Isles : "Ships on 12/03/2002"

The true version of the game:

Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles will contain loads of new quests
(same old quests, new names for mobs and NPC. In other words, go there, kill this, come back, choose your puny prize.)

weapons, armor, outfits,
(Did i mention prizes?)

monsters, advanced monster encounters,
(Our code only supports ONE advanced monster that roams the lands, the rest are a bit modified textures with the old smiera-gatto "MIAU!" sound looping on and on.)

and a ton of other additions.
(Like trees! More water, 'cause it's islands, trees, new ground texture that looks like yellow snow...did i mention trees?)

New graphical engine with spectacular new visual effects

(Lens flare from the sun! Trees look even better with three branches instead of two! The things that resemble smiera-gatto IN NO WAY blink now. Oooh...and shiny new thing hanging from one of the buildings to keep the masses happy...look..shiny..oooh...)

* New graphical engine with spectacular new visual effects
(Look, shiny!)

* Three new Island continents in which to explore and adventure (one per realm)
(By this ofcourse we mean that there are these small segments that you can run around, meeting trees and creatures that look nothing like smiera-gatto. Actually the Midgard isle is the same as the Albion but only inverted and more gloomy, the Hibernia isle was just made on drugs so.)

* One new player race per Realm - three total.
(Three totally different characters, no similarities at all! Trust me! They are...ok, so we only had time for one code and three graphics...)

* Two new player classes per Realm - six total.
(This is amaaaazing! And ofcourse these new classes rresemble no similarity to the old ones, they will NOT screw the game balance and if they do, we can always patch. Thanes even look better after these. Oh, these classes are also NOT similar towards eachother in other realms. Yup. Trust the good Mythic employee.)

* All new ambient music soundtrack
(We now actually have longer then 2 minute organ pipe music to make your crafting go a lot faster. Ofcourse these are from the old DAoC with a lsightly upped tempo but, who will notice.)

* Revamped user interface
(Three! Read it! Three new gray boxes to fill even more of that valuable screen space! Now we don't have to put that much into the grapihcs 'cause the hud will cover almost 80% of the screen!)

There you have it, the true version of the release notes. :D

M

Melodic

Originally posted by old.Kram
Can't be that late, when it ships so soon for U.S. =)

GOA have already said we would get it first quarter 2003, so that looks about right tbh. And no I am not happy we get it months after US, but they have to synchronise patches apparently.

T

Thorarin

Indeed, they said first quarter 2003, which translates to 31st of March.
Add some delay and you know the real release date: April 2003 :cool:

P

poi

yay kram!

spiller du stadig? :)

CrazyLip her(husker du mig fra de gamle CS dage?)

O

old.Tohtori

Mmhm. Seel has to say something all the time and nothing some of the time. err...yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom