Shrouded Isles questions

R

ReaLX

will it be required to continue to play daoc?
will it have own servers? so will there be 2 versions of the game playable?

what i wanna know is, can i just keep playing my chars with the same ppl, same guild, same server, same chars with the expesion pack?

H

Hercus

Yes it does need the previeus version of DAoC, and i don't know how they'll fix it whith the server(s)

D

-Dreama-

My understanding is that it will be like a patch (of course you have to patch it yourself, those nice GOA guys don't wanna come to your house and do it for ya) Basically you'll install and keep on playing the same chars with all the same lvls and items ect you had before. I could be wrong tho =)

J

Jiggs

afaik its like this: the game gets patched but only those who buy the expansion and install it can play in the new lands or create the new classes. I believe there was similar stuff in EQ (kunark etc)

O

old.Ramas

will it be required to continue to play daoc?
No

will it have own servers?
No

so will there be 2 versions of the game playable?
No

--------------

You won't be able to create a char belonging to the new race/classes without the expansion installed.

You won't be able to port to the new continent without the expansion installed.

You will be able to play with others who have the expansion and may have made chars of the new races/classes in the existing continents without you having the expansion pack installed.

---------------

what i wanna know is, can i just keep playing my chars with the same ppl, same guild, same server, same chars with the expesion pack?

Yes.

O

old.Mousah

think Ramas made everything clear :)

release date: 12 th November(in us)
what im not sure about is if we got to wait 3 years before they patch EU up for it :p

C

Cerverloc

GOA stated a while ago to keep the same releasedates for the expansion as US so we should get it in november also.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Cerverloc
GOA stated a while ago to keep the same releasedates for the expansion as US so we should get it in november also.

Indeed... GOA already isnt too far behind the US on patches and is catching up fast. i believe the idea was to have US and Europe versions of the exp. pack, but they would be patched on the servers at or around the same date.

O

old.Ramas

Interesting thing about this is, if a simultaneous launch is achieved, they will also have to catch up on patches completely by November (I seriously doubt Mythic will support GOA running the expansion on a software version that never ran live with the expansion in the states - simply for practical and technical reasons).

This would mean 1.53 as well as 1.52 by November.

So spellcrafting just 8 weeks away?

D

-Dreama-

Oooo, Just in time for my birthday....Thank you Mythic, it's just what I wanted!

/em throws the game on the table with the stacks of other useless gifts

:twak:
:touch:

X

--xion--

hmm well the graphics look a lot better i soo hope it goes well and we can play it with old characters :p: P

H

Hercus

Yes Xion u can:

Can I re-open my account to play Shrouded Isles?

Yes, if you are a former Dark Age of Camelot player, after your purchase Shrouded Isles, you can reactivate your account and play in the new areas with your old characters. We have not deleted any characters from the game database, so even if your account has been closed for a long time, your old characters are still accessible should you decide to reopen your account

O

old.Ramas

Yes Xion u can:

Can I re-open my account to play Shrouded Isles?

Yes, if you are a former Dark Age of Camelot player, after your purchase Shrouded Isles, you can reactivate your account and play in the new areas with your old characters. We have not deleted any characters from the game database, so even if your account has been closed for a long time, your old characters are still accessible should you decide to reopen your account

Worth noting this reply is a quote from the US team. It probably goes for the GOA servers as well, but no-one has confirmed it, afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom