Shrouded Isles preview on gamespy.com

• Thread starter Orin Askhammare
  • Start date
S

SFXman

Nice... those blue dudes in the sketch albion's new race? They look like necromancers... and goblin-like.

O

Orin Askhammare

Well they certainly don't look like the race descriptions from Hib and Mid :)

S

SFXman

Woo... we have kobold-look-alikes... DAMNIT!

S

SFXman

We haven't been given one yet :p
That was a drawing?

K

Khalen

Nice article :) Look like cool classes to me :) Especially the chain wearing necromancer with pets :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.job
this might be a pic?
http://www.turtled.com/games/news/25613.html?data[lang]=ger
if... if... if that is... a.. a pic... of... of the new... new engine...
eek2.gif

S

skerit XP

so that is the new dynamic lighting?!?!
::falls from his chair::

I'm speechless....................

wow, you read this about housing? impressive!

The biggest enhancement Shrouded Isles will implement is housing. This element should bring about a new dynamic for the game as players may start congregating around the cities more and developing new social patterns.

Four levels of housing will be available, each costing a different amount to maintain, and featuring different upgradeable areas including porches, vaults, tapestries, carpets, smiths, enchanters, healers, rechargers, and consignment merchants who can sell items on behalf of the player. Each house can feature guild banners / shields / emblems on the door and will be customizable by trim color, roof type, and material (wood, stone, etc.). Other upgrade options include bindstones, crafting tools such as forges, lathes and looms, and chests for storage.

When you click on a house, you will be able to determine its owner, and more importantly, if you can enter it or not. Once inside the house, owners will be able to hang weapons and objects on the walls and place furniture, such as tables and chairs. Obviously, the amount of stuff that the house can hold depends on what level it is; a level one house can only hold a small amount of goods, while a level four house can pack it in.

Clearly this is a massive upgrade to DAoC that will take a bit of time to implement. Current estimates suggest that it will be available sometime in October, just before the release of Shrouded Isles towards the end of November. •

Z

Zebarmy

We have been promised the housing before Shrouded Isles, and from the interviews I read, they are still going to deliver this in patch form, prior to the release of SI

Zebby

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

The new Midgardian race... uhm... Neanderthal-like creatures... using claws etc. as weapons... invading Midgard...

13th Warrior anyone?? :)

I want to play one!!!

S

sherazade

it interests me which classes the new races will be able to choose. So that you can make an inconnu infiltrator or inconnu paladin :) (the first one is likely, the second is near impossible :))

on the other Hand, will Avalonias be able to become Necromancers? Would be quite interesting imo to know what race can play what class then.

In Hibernia this will be quite strange, the new being sound like wood-creatures, thereby more like the celts and firbolg. Most classes in Hibernia are spilt in "this side of the veil" and "Beyond the veil" - so maybe they get the classes of celts/Firbolg and elfs/Lurikeen wont be able to play a vale-walker or animist.

Next thing along these lines: In what starting classes do the new classes fall? And in the Case of Albion/Hibernia wich house/patch do they belong to? All new? mhhh

Necromancer might be Mage, but i guess its going to be acolyte.
Reaver should be a fighter
Vale-Wakler sound like a fighter too
Animist either a naturalist (so firbs can become one) or Magic

If they get all new houses and fitting with the style and story of the new islands, can you only see trainers on the new islands, or will there be new trainers spread throughout the realms..?

Some Mythic Bloke said the classes will all adress the "darker" subjects of the realms. I dont know how the sylvan fit in there, or a class like animist, wich sounds like a classic treehugger and flower-picker class, not paticularly dark :). But maybe thats only Hibernia, home of the tubbies - no darkness there.

S

sherazade

lol :)

Ill play a spraggon Master CardShanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom