Shrouded Isles PR

A

Aileanara

Seems all is going well for us UK players, what with faster patching & events. All we need now is a really good PR advertising campaign in the UK for shrouded isles so we can get numbers up.
A) to increase overall longevity of the game
B) so we can play on all 3 realms on 3 servers

:)

G

grebneklaf

Hey it isnt only peps from the uk who plays the english servers

F

Flimgoblin

ok advertising campaigns all over europe :)

Would be nice to have more than a whimper in the UK this time...

O

old.job

I agree,
I only found out about DAOC from a friend who had seen the, guy who fixes his roof, daughter playing it (did you really need to know that).
What I'm really saying is don't forget the 'Roofers Gazette' when planning your next advertising blitz!

Seriously, I got cable and went lookin for a MMORPG and found EQ, *N*RCHY, and all that lot and didn't find DAOC until what happened above.

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by old.job
I agree,
I only found out about DAOC from a friend who had seen the, guy who fixes his roof, daughter playing it (did you really need to know that).
What I'm really saying is don't forget the 'Roofers Gazette' when planning your next advertising blitz!

Seriously, I got cable and went lookin for a MMORPG and found EQ, *N*RCHY, and all that lot and didn't find DAOC until what happened above.

i only found out about it from a friend how had been over to the states when it was released over there otherwise i would still be play EQ (totally board of playing it but still playing it)

T

D

danskmacabre

I found out about it from a friend, who found out about it from a friend and so on..
Seems word of mouth is the main advertising for this game.

T

Treson

My friend convinced me to buy this "drug" right after i had quitted playing online-games for 3 monhs!!

L

logan6

my guess why germany has a substantially bigger player base is this: Germanies biggest playing magazine promoted the beta client really BIG. I played the beta before and the beta server really exploded the day this mag was released.
I dont know if the beta client was advertised like this in other countries, but i guess this was the main reason.

I

idril_daoc

Originally posted by PieRowManiac
Seems all is going well for us UK players, what with faster patching & events. All we need now is a really good PR advertising campaign in the UK for shrouded isles so we can get numbers up.
A) to increase overall longevity of the game
B) so we can play on all 3 realms on 3 servers

:)

Lol do that campaign in scandinavia instead and youll get abuot 1500% more players then if you do it in uk ...
imo atlest 75% of the current players are from scandinavia

O

old.Galannor

Re: Re: Shrouded Isles PR

Originally posted by idril_daoc

Lol do that campaign in scandinavia instead and youll get abuot 1500% more players then if you do it in uk ...
imo atlest 75% of the current players are from scandinavia

Don't think you should be so certain of that... There's still quite a number of players from the UK, however (and this is just guessing, based on the people I've talked with throughout several years) the average time spent on playing games is significently lower for UK players, than it is for Scandinavian (hence does not appear to be in as strong a number). Scandinavian players however, also appear to be the ones with the highest concentration of 2nd accounts (buff-bots).

The above is only guessing, nothing more.

Seeing from a companys point of view, I'd prefer UK players above Scandinavian ones. Casual players doesn't hog up system resources and capacity in anywhere near the same amount of time as the more extreme players does, hence allowing for more subscribers per server.

On the other hand, it's also the more extreme players which tends to keep updated about which games that's just been released etc., hence they'd know about it, wether or not any ads had been shown, whereas the casual players chooses what they "hear" about.

Nowadays, I don't think the amount of commercial PR a game is getting matters much, when a smaller community first has been created, as it's alot better publicity for a game, that some bloke is talking about how great this-and-that is on ie. IRC or a webforum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom