Games Shrimpocalypse

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
This game has been written for the Android by a couple of friends. No big company backing, no budget. Just a lot of late nights and hard work...

(There's a reason I've not posted this in the techie gadget forums, bear with me)

Shrimpocalypse - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

Its a Tower Defense type romp with killer crustaceans out to damage your calm.

A few months ago for a giggle I wrote them the theme tune as a freebie which now that the game is out, can be downloaded as 320 lossless for free at:

Roo Stercogburn - Crab Jammin' - SoundCloud

It has been suggested that the chorus sounds rather like "Crap German" but I can assure you there is no play on words here. Nuh uh.

The first review I got of Crab Jammin' was, "I just spat my tea out". Perhaps it would go better with some Longbottom Leaf. Or some other kind of herb.

shrimp_lower.jpg

Support Mr & Mrs Toast in their bid for world gaming domination! :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ohh. My cousin just bought an android and im sure he will like this, cheers!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Roo - feedback to them that it's far too expensive. £2 for 9 levels, compared to 2 levels for free in the demo? Nah mates. .99p or a £1 at the most. Especially considering how many tower defence games there are.

I do like the music though :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Music comment - when you have the hi-hat going there you need to break it up a little with either breaks or an open hi hat sound, ya know, a shhh sometimes.

Being overly critical, I know ;)

Like it! :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
also i thought you spelled it "defense"?

Depends, if you're an amazing proper person like a English person, it's defence, but whereas if you're a souless, barbling fool of an American who like to make their own language, by copying someone elses and changing words/letters around, its defense.

oo-ra.

T

Toasty

Roo - feedback to them that it's far too expensive. £2 for 9 levels, compared to 2 levels for free in the demo? Nah mates. .99p or a £1 at the most. Especially considering how many tower defence games there are.

I do like the music though :)

Meet in the middle? Lowered it to £1.50 ;) This is for all future upgrades too!

The main thing the £2 gets you is the upgrades shop, after every game you get some coins, these can be spent on one of 18 different items, building up turret stats, unlocking levels, an extra difficulty, score multipliers etc.

If anything I'm tempted to put that back into the free one, you only really get half the game without, it misses out on the progression side. All the top scores will be on the paid accounts :)

One other note, I bought Robo Defence, the maps are pretty much just 4 different bitmaps he's drawn. These are all odd designs, built up in a level editor, we could have 100 levels, but I quite want the online boards to stay competitive (which is another thing Robo doesn't offer) :D

Thanks for the feedback by the way, we're working on a few bits at the moment (like the tutorial, sound, a few graphical bits etc), but if there are any bits you think are weak let me know!

Thanks!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Finally, can show you some gameplay footage :)

YouTube - Shrimpocalypse

The game has been updated again and continuing to generally get good reviews. No info on how many people entering therapy after being subjected to the music but we should get a clue in next year's NHS report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom