Show us your desk

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Well you don’t have to but I’m on the ponce for some desk ideas ..

I want to buy a work-top and base / legs separately. I'm planning to go with an electric sit/stand desk if anything decent exists for a reasonable price, but otherwise i'll just get some standard desk legs and use it as a sit down one.

Do any of you use sit / stand desks? I've noticed that a lot of people state that they tend to have a wobble once they've been raised a good amount. Perhaps that is the nature of a fully heightened desk though.

In terms of just buying desk legs if nothing electric is suitable, have any of you purchased legs that are height adjustable? I want to tuck a full size piano keyboard under the desk, so ideally the legs will need to be a bit higher than the standard 70cm (ish) that are sold. Plenty of choice on Amazon but i prefer a recommendation from name tags that I’m used to seeing for the last 20 years ;p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Made my own. Will post a pic later.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ikea have loads of options. I have a couple in my house and they're fine, but not the best looking.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I want to tuck a full size piano keyboard under the desk, so ideally the legs will need to be a bit higher than the standard 70cm (ish) that are sold.

Just a note of caution if you use the desk for extended periods - if you are going for a 'higher' desk then make sure your chair also brings you to the required height to be properly comfortable. @Deebs will tell you it took me ages to get a good chair to work well with my 2ft tall desk!

georgie

FH is my second home
I bought this one about 3 years ago:

Still going great. I just bought the frame, I had a tabletop from an IKEA one I had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom