Votes: 3 3.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 96.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Littlle Git said:
after the murder of a 14 year old boy with the 17 year old murderer saying it was because he was obsessed witha video game all of the papers are saying that violent games should be banned.

Discuss...

Well 1 out of a 1000000 more often reasons for people to go mad... Should all war/violent movies get banned to? I tell ya' theres far more "weak minded" people out there seeing tv, then playing pc.. Or what about alcohol?

Just my thoughts..

A

Aoln

Banning violent games would increase crime rate tbh, what do you think all the bored kids are going to do? Read a book ? :eek:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Notice that it wasn't "cos i felt like stabbing him" or "he was being an obnoxius wanker", he jumped straight to the blame game?

It's human nature to jump to conflict, one of the primal feelings (hate, anger etc) that we are never goingto throw off. Fuck, the Dinosaure had 3 million years to invent tofu and change there ways. Did they do it? nope! Why? Instict said "meat is murder, and i like it."

You cant start saying that some miscellanious element, outside of the human condition is responsible for violence, because it isn't. Voilent things do not cause violent thoughts which then cause violent acts. Everything is cause and effect, and always starts within the human mind. I mentioned the Blame game, it's a common tool used by the media and scapgoating something/one just to take the preasure of responsibility off yourself. Thats all it is.

Are fast cars responsible for speeding? Or the Drivers?
Are guns responsible for shooting someone? Or the operator?
Is a hammer responsible for putting the nail in the wood? Or the user?
And who is responsible for stabbing that poor kid (he may have been a twat, but like i care) the knife? Or it's handler?

He did the act because he WANTED TOO, not becasue he was propted by violent imagery. The little bastard must be tried for his crime, and as an adult! Why? Youth is given to innocent mischef, an murder is a very adult crime to commit, especially willingly. Makes me pray for the death sentence some nights, becasue they made the choice to kill another being, and i don't want them living next door to me once there free. Who would?

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
I remember a few years ago when the very first "you've been tangoed" advert came out, remember it..the slap to the sides of the head by the large lardy orange man..well, just after that a primary school kid did it to his mate and burst both of his eardrums. And, a kid saw an advert about a cat in a washing machine...and did it to his grannies cat. Dont forget how people tried to ban the Teletubbies and Winnie the Pooh because it didnt teach our children "proper" speech (teletubbies) and writing (Pooh). For years the failings in our own existance have been blamed on books, tv, movies, games. I don't think that blame (within reason) can be placed on those things. After all, anybody remember the song by the Boomtown Rats "Tell me why, i don't like Mondays"..written after a schoolgirl went into school and killed lots of people and then, when they asked her why she did it..she replied " I don't like Mondays" !!!!!!....Didn't see people rushing out to ban Mondays then. As somebody in this thread said, people will look to the first available thing to blame, when they don't understand what is happening or why it happened. And as for me...i spend a lot of time playing Spidey2 and Wolverine on the X-Box...doesnt mean i am gonna go out and swing from a lampost and spike somebody with my retractable adamantium claws..does it !!!..Bub (o:

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Suggest you check out

http://www.mcvuk.com/html/news/story.jsp?newsId=1928139

The GAME was found in the victims home NOT the killers...

Thus meaning that this inspired ban is only an excuse... as always by the do-gooders who know feck all...

Also, why don't they just crack down on people selling kids these games? if the parent bought it for the kid, send the parent to prison or something... not ban the game. Age restrictions are there for a reason!

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Dreamor said:
Thus meaning that this inspired ban is only an excuse... as always by the do-gooders who know feck all...

Also, why don't they just crack down on people selling kids these games? if the parent bought it for the kid, send the parent to prison or something... not ban the game. Age restrictions are there for a reason!

agree 110%

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
if we're gonna blame it on anything, let's blame it on the rain ^^

"eeeehhhh mr. policeman i killed the guy becos i watched a really violent movie last night."

or

"ehhhhh i play RPG so im sick in the head from all the magic, besides i thought he could just roll new stats and keep going after i beheaded him."

rofl, i really wonder what in god's name make the sick bastards think of all those bad excuses... and even worse that they sometimes work >.<

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Dreamor said:

Agreed, noted and already said. Still, nice to know i'm not alone here!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
if we're gonna blame it on anything, let's blame it on the rain ^^

"eeeehhhh mr. policeman i killed the guy becos i watched a really violent movie last night."

or

"ehhhhh i play RPG so im sick in the head from all the magic, besides i thought he could just roll new stats and keep going after i beheaded him."

rofl, i really wonder what in god's name make the sick bastards think of all those bad excuses... and even worse that they sometimes work >.<

cuz it's eaier to blam soiciety than admit you have a really evil and fucked up person. Only evil peeps are Hitler, Stalin ... peeps liek that... if an ordinary Joe Soap could be a evil Mofo and go around stabbing peeps with a screwdriver then no one is safe .... /PANICS

better to bame it onsomething peeps will accept easier
video games,
Pop Culture
the media ( who show really nasty stuff , u never hear someone say , well SkyNews had this beheading on every 15 mins , i felt compeled to do the same ... i just wanted attention)

but i hope you get my point

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom