Games Should they? Shouldn't they?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am not so sure about this one. An MMORPG game based on C&C, hmm (scratches chin beard) much of it would depend on the dynamics of the game and it's translation. If it's a military based WoW copy - yeah I hate WoW and I am not afraid to say it - then no. But this could work depending on what they do with it.

Is it fair to say that the rts genre of this popular game has run its course and this is the next evolution for it? Or has it past it altogether? It still keeps the rts at the forefront and the idea behind it isn't exactly new. The limits on the pvp seem rather uninviting - this due to the rts element being the predominant factor....

check this out and make your own mind up.....

GameSpy: Command & Conquer 4 Official Survey Conducted - Page 1

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
From what I understand the only mmporg like element is player progression through experience gains. Hardly a C&C mmporg.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
From what I understand the only mmporg like element is player progression through experience gains. Hardly a C&C mmporg.

That will also depend on the outcome of the poll though....

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Won't work. C&C was too 'large' scale to ever become an MMO. Build a base, defend basem attack their base.

WAR tried it with the capturable cities. Look what happened to WAR. Way too much to get into the game imo.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Planetside did it, seemed fine enough.

Battlefield style, C&C units with command structures.

Imagine being on the field and mammoth tanks running towards you and someone nuking the sh*t out of it all.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Planetside did it, seemed fine enough.

Battlefield style, C&C units with command structures.

Imagine being on the field and mammoth tanks running towards you and someone nuking the sh*t out of it all.

It would be too random.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It would be too random.

Not at all. Vehices and ground units are ofcourse simple to put together, base building via command interface, people collecting resources etc.

Would be a rather nice GROUP mmo.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Not at all. Vehices and ground units are ofcourse simple to put together, base building via command interface, people collecting resources etc.

Would be a rather nice GROUP mmo.

Well, i would like to see a more fleshed out c&c renegade. With an advancement style system for each character. A large world with npc´s and what not. But i can't see how it would become an MMO.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i would like to see a more fleshed out c&c renegade.

That would work too.

It all depends on the production time/money ofcourse.

Or they could just throw earlier things in the bin and do something new.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
lolage

Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.

Age of Empires 3 had this. You had to create a home city for the team you were playing, and every kill/building created/soldier created gave you experience to level your home city up. Leveling your home city unlocked new options which you could use in future battles.

Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options

Errr in StarCraft the terran bases can fly and be redeployed.
Play in epic 5 vs 5 online multiplayer with all new objective-based game modes

5v5 :| I want 8v8. At least.

Never really been a C&C fan but I have been lacking a good competitive RTS to play for ages so I am somewhat interested.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Simplz

Base it Entirely on Daoc.

Crauch = main base

Crauch towers 1 to 4 ( heck add crauch 4-10)

= placable towers of different types in a c&c stylee

etc..some one plze extrapolate :)

Id buy it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Basing anything on DaoC would be win! I've always said DaoC RTS, where you build and train your own classes while waging war with other players who control the other realms.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Basing anything on DaoC would be win! I've always said DaoC RTS, where you build and train your own classes while waging war with other players who control the other realms.

That would be awesome! Would be like Starcraft but in a fantasy environment ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Its slogan would be, "Now you can train your own raid to kill anything you'd like"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom