should or shouldnt i

S

scooby-doo

well im on the verge of getting bt broadband and ive heard many horror stories,im getting the set up yourself version.i dont live in a cable or ntl area so bt is my only real option.so am i gonna be pleased with it or not,im on 56k at the mo.is it easy to set up and will it be worth it?

W

Wilier

Im really no expert on this, since I cant get it and Im really pissed about it, but, cant you get a different provider, like Nildram or summat? Just cos its a BT line, and a BT exchange dosnt limit you to their ADSL service.

Does it?

B

Big G

I can only advise you NOT to go with Pipex. I'm with pipex at the mo and the technical support is non existant.

Also, due to some fucked peering arrangements, some pings to gaming servers are over 200 as your packets are routed to the USA and back.

Pipex are ghey.

Gaz

O

old.Jas

I'm not BT's biggest fan - but the BT Openworld service isn't that bad. I've been using it for nearly a year now

S

S-Gray

When i got BT Broadband on Openworld, my Net would go down at least once a week, ive had it Since April. Ive had no Problems with my ADSL for about a month now... and dont want any...

/Me touches Wood

P

pocketyoda

I've recently moved home, had NTL in previous house - new area has no NTL - BT have just enabled exchange for ADSL, I have gone with NILDRAM - no problems at all.

:D

F

FunGas

yes it's going to be worth it, you might notice your ping is a little high, but your bandwith will be ten times higher. So, not "very" good for games, but ok for most other things.

now I'm confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom