Should Mythic take on a Euro Server TL ?

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I've played both the US and Euro servers for quit sometime now and I've noticed that there seems to be a lack of feedback going to Mythic directly from our European servers.

Most people keep blaming GOA for inbalance issues, class issues and other things while it's really Mythic they should be adressing. I know that Mythic actualy does listen to good ideas, heck I was the one suggesting they'd make the money drop ontop of the other treasure (before autostacking of loot) and it took em 3 weeks to get it done. So, they DO actualy listen. But not to us Euro's

So would it be time to put in a European Server TL we can voice our grievances too ? It would make it alot easier to get feedback across the Great Blue Yonder know as the Atlantic.

Any thought from the Excal playerbase ?

Erulin the Bloody

PS : and no, I'm not fishing for the title myself as utterly suck at 'leading' things :p

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Yep good idea

Things like sm intercept won't get fixed because yanks don't use sms like we do, if we had a tl here maybe we could get the message across.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There would be little point, any problems we have with classes or general rvr/pve whatever, we can address to the existing TLs. GOA cant change the game in any way except the odd event or emergency npc (see the prydwen crash) Mythic cant change anything on our servers either, it has nothing to do with them.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
There would be little point, any problems we have with classes or general rvr/pve whatever, we can address to the existing TLs. GOA cant change the game in any way except the odd event or emergency npc (see the prydwen crash) Mythic cant change anything on our servers either, it has nothing to do with them.

That's why the thread title reads should MYTHIC take on a European TL... not GOA... but the big M in the sky themselfs... Things like balance issues. There is ALOT and I mean ALOT more RvR on the European servers then on the American ones (due to us having less servers, so they are more densly populated)

Erulin the Bloody

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Erulin said:
That's why the thread title reads should MYTHIC take on a European TL... not GOA... but the big M in the sky themselfs... Things like balance issues. There is ALOT and I mean ALOT more RvR on the European servers then on the American ones (due to us having less servers, so they are more densly populated)

Erulin the Bloody

which is why i said mythic cant change anything on our servers... there is nothing stopping euro people from becoming TLs or at least sending feedback to the existing TLs.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Agree, we dont need any Euro TLs if we can comment and send feedback to the US TLs.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Silverblast said:
Agree, we dont need any Euro TLs if we can comment and send feedback to the US TLs.

The US game plays totaly different. They have other FOTM classes then we do. By the time we get the patches out things have already been adjusted to them to make them 'healthier'

There is no way for a US TL to know what the game is and feels like on the European servers.

GOA might think of making someone a TL here so they themselfs can send the feedback directly to Mythic.

Erulin the Bloody

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
not as if it matters, the TLs just get ignored by mythic anyway

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
erm you say that European players can become TL's, actually we cant because you need an active US account to become a tl because mythic somtimes have closed beta type sessions involving the tls like with the dr testing.

having a european TL would be pointless because we are behind on the patches we could say somthing along the lines of.

valkyries and thanes require a pve buff to help things in pve. They are getting it next patch, would be a totally wasted exersize.

if you need to bring somthing up with mythic use there feedback forms or activly post on the TL's forums make it clear your a European Player and that you might be behind on patches but it shouldnt mean you cant contribute i did a lot of contribution on the animist forums last year, ok i was behind on somethings but other things i could do differently to the americans.

if we did get a Euro server TL you would have to have ones for spanish, german, french, italian, english as well as their servers are different in some respects to ours.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Theres 2 main reasons why it would be pointless:

1) European servers are to far behind in patches for a EU TL to provide feedback reliably on current issues, you'd have to have a US Test servers account to be of any use the result being switching between old and new patches your view of issues would be inaccurate without logging into a main US server. Whats more any issue you day raise mythic would simply throw the excuse back at you that you'll need to wait for the next patch to see if its any better.

2) The TL program in its entirety is a joke.

Mythic do NOT listen to the TL's, the TL's are NOT important and they make very very little differance to any decisions Mythic makes, you can count the changes made due to TL feedback over the years on 1 hand, and those issues were so blindingly obvious they would of been changed with or without the feedback.

And in my experiance they will deliberatly misinterpret an issue and 'solve' it in a manner completely different to whats suggested and just fuck it up. If you do not believe me read the last batch of TL feedback reports and see mythics reply to the heretic TL or armsmen TL or to just about any of them.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for the feedback guys. Was expecting replies full of flames and FU's and FO's but seems I was wrong.

Gives me hope that these boards are better then them accuresed VN's :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
some of the VN boards are quite informative actually ;) the general ones are a good laugh though.

A european TL wouldn't really help - there's not a lot of different issues (except maybe that midgard isn't underpopulated over here - would be nice if we didn't see any more bonedancers or warlocks please ;))

European players can use the feedback form just like everyone else, class issues you can raise via a class TL

(who do actually discuss things - the champion weapon stats were picked by the TLs - within certain limits imposed on them for example, just because Mythic doesnt' go "ooh, more damage for enchanters - good idea enchanter TL" and implement everything they say doesn't mean they don't listen.)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
not true, sorc tl finally managed to get sorc's to become yber, only for mythic to nerf em a tad again xD with the no moc+ soi fix.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
not as if it matters, the TLs just get ignored by mythic anyway

This is an interesting idea but we require more data. Please be more specific.
Tabled for now.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yes its a very good idea, but the bad thing is that our TLs should be up to date whit the US servers couse the are ahead of us in patches.

it would be really hard fro EU TLs, they can play whit the latest patch and can only give feedback of long term problems.

but yeah, mythic should make a some kind of an effort to get TLs contact to EU!!

ok bit of confusing stuff written too early in the morning!!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Well actually Mythic have told GoA they're not happy with the delay on the patches - we're not supposed to be nearly as far behind as we normally are.
We're meant to be weeks behind not months. So theoretically if the patches were released on time there's no reason why EU TLs couldn't exist.

Still, as has been said the use would be questionable since the TLs in America are more or less ignored - except when they say things that mean they have to do NOTHING to the game.

Por examplé

Issue Description:
It is important to Scouts that the archer design dynamic be maintained - Scouts' advantage being 100 extra units of range and access to the bows with the greatest delays.

Mythic Response:
We agree, and have no plans to make changes to the archer dynamics at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom