Should i play again?

Wookster

Fledgling Freddie
Ok some advice here please i have not played DOAC since 2005, i have tried many other games since and i was looking at maybe coming back, but as i have been away so long i thought that i would see how things are going.
the first thing i have to say is that i don't want to play ToA in anyway shape or form i really enjoyed playing the original and SI, so what, where, when are the classic servers i have heard about? is it worth activating my old account? can you move servers?

thanks to anyone who responds

Wooks

:england:

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok some advice here please i have not played DOAC since 2005, i have tried many other games since and i was looking at maybe coming back, but as i have been away so long i thought that i would see how things are going.
the first thing i have to say is that i don't want to play ToA in anyway shape or form i really enjoyed playing the original and SI, so what, where, when are the classic servers i have heard about? is it worth activating my old account? can you move servers?

Wooks

Hiya...

Well a few things... EU Servers not even worth playing anymore as the population is so low maybe 10 max online?

If your thinking about playing again US is the place to be...BUT... Classic will no longer be any good as Mythic have created a new Cluster called Ywain where all servers including classic can transfer their own characters onto it with everybody else. Eventually Mythic plan to close down all servers but Ywain or keep the existing servers open but only leave starting cities zones ONLY.

Yes Ywain has ToA but...

You can get ML from other people actually buying you credit using Bounty Points and also works for Articats, ML XP and Champ XP. The only thing you would need to do is grind the XP from artifacts thats it.

I got 1 of my characters 20 to 50 and templated with Artifacts and ML10 in approx 10 hours play.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
US servers. 1-50 fully templated with master levels, you are slacking if it takes more than a week these days.

EU servers. Long dead, Excal probably only has 5-10 people left and who on earth wants to play on a German server?

Do it tbh.

Oh also, anyone thinking of giving it another go should do so now, 200% exp in classic and SI until the middle of next week.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ywain will have a load more albs inc then, 200% exp in AC is nice!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Ots a good time to come back, new cluster 200% xp and ML's Arties take no time at all to level, even getting CL10 is easy enough.

You can also download everything for free now off the US website so you wont have to buy any expansions.

Game is still very much alive, theres alot of zergy warfare at the minute and groups are easy to find, if you prefer to solo then be prepared to be ran over alot. Take some time at level 39 to get RR3 in molvik, its usually very busy there and is easy to get the RP's, it should also help you get back into the RvR swing of things.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I so wish I had a pc so I could use a tri-specced cabalist! :<

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Wooks

Classic servers are gone, it's TOA and NF or nothing im afraid, unless they ever get the Origins server out, which is a long shot still.

It's not the same TOA that you remember though, arti's are very easy to get, ml's you can do em all in an afternoon. You can level a char from 1-50, have him templated and out in rvr within a week with a lil help from your friends.

Tried a solo theurg recently, no bot. 1-20 in an evening, no sweat, 20-39 in two more days and now living it up in Molvik :) 40-50 is real easy now as well with the repeatable dragon quests (the broken ones ;)).

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Plus 200% exp in classic zones, perfect for any albish characters anyway ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom