should i go enchanter or eldritch ?

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Heya,

Well question is simple. Im talking about RVR btw.

Im not exactly sure which of the 2 is better in group, or solo if i cant get a group :).
I can go find old posts on some forums but so many posts are old posts and there's been tons of patches in the mean time.

Im playing on the german supercluster btw.

Also which of the 2 classes is the better nuker. Looks like eldritch who also has bolts but im not entirely sure.
How useful is the enchanter pet ?

I only played ranger in the past and the enchanter pet always was a pain in the ass but how useful is that pet against all other classes ?

Thanx,

Reggie

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
both are highly useful in grps, the eldy as assist nuker and util bot with stat debuffs and nearsight. chanter as nuke MA with cold and heat debuffs and ofcourse the imba zealot pet.

For pve the chanter beats the eldy hands down.

solo they are about equal imo, speed+pet vs better cc and util

U cant realy go wrong with any. If u are to play in a grp u must be much more vocal and commanding as MA then as assister imo.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Why would the enchanter have to be ma btw?

Btw am i wrong to assume both classes do about equal damage nuke wise ?

Im checking their skills and from what i can see the only real advantage the chanter has is speed, pet and solo heals ?

Both get debuffs and combat debuff is very nice on the enchanter, though guessing its only for meelee ?
But eldritch gets con debuff.

On top of that eldritch gets snare, gtaoe, bolt, mezz, nearsight.

Im just wondering which of the 2 is better for rvr. Im assuming enchanter is better for pve at least.
Also i guess i gotta keep in mind which is easier to solo with in rvr when im low RR and how they both scale at higher rr.

And how useful is the pet really in rvr ?
I always love the idea of having a pet, they are fun :). Im drawn to both classes really but im wondering how useful the pet really is against all sort of classes like tanks, casters, stealth, healers or whatever.
I know any pet was a pain to my ranger simply coz it was a bitch to run, then stealth, from it plus interrupts but have no idea about what kinda threat it is for other classes.

thanx,

Reggie

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Judging from ur answer i think the chanter is for u, the eldy is much more complex to play as u always have to judge what spell to use, with disease NS. the chanter is much more about plain dmg. and yes the pet is very useful in rvr, the zealot pet nukes on range and will keep an enemy interupted almost permanently.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah but on the other hand once you know when to use what spells on eldritch doesnt that mean the eldritch will be way better then the enchanter :)?

I really dont mind much which class to use as long as i know for sure one isnt alot better then the other in RVR.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Both get debuffs and combat debuff is very nice on the enchanter, though guessing its only for meelee ?
But eldritch gets con debuff.

Enchanter does Heat dmg on their nuke, Energy on their pbaoe. In the pbaoe line (Sun or whatever its called) they get a 8 second debuff which debuffs the targets heat resists (means lovely nuke dmg). They also get one which debuffs Cold (Eld's like it when you do this). (cant remember the 3rd one but dont worry about it).

Eldritch iirc does Cold dmg on their dps line so if the chanter can debuff for him its pretty nice...however.

Eldritch can get disease, NS, mezz so although they can do nice dps, they also have to offer their assistance with CC meaning less time nuking. If the Eldritch just spends all day nuking, he's playing the wrong class imo.

One important thing is the debuffs explanations...
BD's, Enchanters and Cabalists can debuff for their own dmg type. Alot of people get confused thinking they can do this on other classes.

iirc Eldritch gets a spell debuff, its a Cold spell, which debuffs Spirit....people read this as a spell which debuffs Cold.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah k. thanx for the explanations. I see its mostly a point of do i enjoy being a cc class or do i enjoy being a primary nuker class.

Gotta tell you though i kinda like both sides :). I actually love cc classes. They make playing very exiting. On the other hand rvr in daoc is so that its always exiting no matter if you just stand there nuking for example.

Damn, makes it tough still which to choose hehehe.

Im wondering which will at first be the easier one to play while im still low rr. I read in rvr when solo eldritch isnt that easy to play when low rr.
Solo pve its prob enchanter while group pve its prob eldritch ?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Solo pve and group pve i'd say enchanter every time. You can aoe focus with the pet and if you have a healer, you can focus a whole ton of mobs!

Also as it can heal its lovely for when you take some aoe dmg on a keep (solo) or when you receive a ghetto rezz :p

One advantage with the eldritch is 3-4 man groups. Because you can aoe mezz, you can then stun the target and nuke it down whilst your group helps. In a small fight you can really help win the fight. An enchanter in a small group has to try and stay out of harms way with no real means of defense :(

Obviously there is purge, determination, that mezz breaker the hero/armsman/warriors get, charge but mezz is still useful.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
go enchanter

actually can get something done in pve aswell:p

islef

Loyal Freddie
Geez nata, if it wasnt for the pet how the hell would you even tell a luri chanter from a luri eld??? How are you btw mate, hope all is good ;)
Oh and id go chanter if it was 50/50, then u can always use it to PL an eld in poc in 1 day if you dont like it ;)

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah but on the other hand once you know when to use what spells on eldritch doesnt that mean the eldritch will be way better then the enchanter :)?

I really dont mind much which class to use as long as i know for sure one isnt alot better then the other in RVR.

Well here is an metaphore for you.

Thing of the eld as a swissarmy knife, it has a little pen kniw, a little clipper, a scissor, a screwdriver and pincer..now the ench is one big fucking butcher knife..sure you can kill with a screwdriver if the condition is right, but a butcher knife is never wrong :p

The ench is for you mate, the eld is alot more complex and have to do alot more in a grp, and it is very stressfull in the high end 8v8 game, and thats where the eld shines the most.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Well for now i made an enchanter and so far he seems like good fun :).

Not so sure which spec to go though. Thidranki is kinda dead on the german servers. Some small groups here and there but not alot going on. Most is in that molvik bg.

Im going dark/enchantment so far to see how focus pull works and how useful the point blank is but i am first playing without a bot so will see how it goes.

Whats the most recent daoc board nowadays anyway ? Looks like the vn boards but also there they dont post all that much.

Prob some german forums. Royal pain to know all the german translations for all the game terms lol. Still have to learn those.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Cant remember the spec line names but you want the one with the PBAOE.

No idea on the forum question :(

p.s. when you focus you cant move, use the healing pet to focus with as his heals (when you get in trouble) are much better than the tank pet imo.

gohan

FH is my second home
chanter is a good allrounder

as in can stun debuff nuke nuke nuke

or AOE

or ml9 pet and go afk

all viable options

all on 1 spec line

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Well for now i made an enchanter and so far he seems like good fun :).

Not so sure which spec to go though. Thidranki is kinda dead on the german servers. Some small groups here and there but not alot going on. Most is in that molvik bg.

Im going dark/enchantment so far to see how focus pull works and how useful the point blank is but i am first playing without a bot so will see how it goes.

Whats the most recent daoc board nowadays anyway ? Looks like the vn boards but also there they dont post all that much.

Prob some german forums. Royal pain to know all the german translations for all the game terms lol. Still have to learn those.

Charplan is an excellent program for specs/ra abilities , it also has german and french translations.

DAoC-TB - News

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
RM's? :p

Anyway, light eld is pure ownage. Learn to play it, learn to love it and you're gonna own :>

Well elds are kite engines and utility chars firstly and mostly in an 8 man, if you play bad you will loose if the fight is even. An enchanter is more enjoyable in the sense that your job is pritty simple still fun.

But I agree, if you want the play daoc at a highlevel, in an 8 man then picking an important class will yield the most fun, for sure..since you team stand and fall by you decision.

Since people on Ger servers often include an animist in the group and bains, a tri spec eld would be very viable and VERY fun once you got some rrs.

Gellow body debuff, blue disease and gellow nearsight, you will be the one who fucks the other grp up, you will be providing alot of dps with your debuff for the other two casters.

A hib grp with, 2x druids, hero bg, champ, ani, bain, eld and a bard is nothing to joke about. :D

It all depends what you want and expect from the game really.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Chanter is fairly ok class
But the eldritch beats it by longshot. bot solo and in group u have so much more tools on eld wich makes it alot easyer to survive solo aswell desease snare kite red ns mezz red dex and dex/quick debuff decent dmg on nuke even without the debuff from chanter but when chanter debuffs cold <3 :p

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Geez nata, if it wasnt for the pet how the hell would you even tell a luri chanter from a luri eld??? How are you btw mate, hope all is good ;)
Oh and id go chanter if it was 50/50, then u can always use it to PL an eld in poc in 1 day if you dont like it ;)

i would say that all is very good, hope it's the same for you :)

and the chanter wins the looks because of the spell animations. debuff + baseline heat nuke == rox. eld spec nuke + disease + ns = sucks.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Well i might make an eld next. I do like the chanter but while i love him i always wished i made a eldritch lol. Only chanter seemed easier to lvl.

But ill make a 2nd char after i get a temp on my chanter.

Anyway im looking for a fairly simple template right now for my chanter.

Came across this one...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/templates307/220699-chanter-template-need-critique-suggestions.html

Would it be any good or ? I really have no idea. Just noticed most are arti items and the rest isnt that hard to get. Seemed ok to start with.

I mean i only have 1 char and no idea where to farm money even. Let along having lots of plats to buy expensive stuff for better templates.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Well i might make an eld next. I do like the chanter but while i love him i always wished i made a eldritch lol. Only chanter seemed easier to lvl.

But ill make a 2nd char after i get a temp on my chanter.

Anyway im looking for a fairly simple template right now for my chanter.

Came across this one...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/templates307/220699-chanter-template-need-critique-suggestions.html

Would it be any good or ? I really have no idea. Just noticed most are arti items and the rest isnt that hard to get. Seemed ok to start with.

I mean i only have 1 char and no idea where to farm money even. Let along having lots of plats to buy expensive stuff for better templates.

looks good enough.

(but since looks > stats i would have to say no. you're a hib caster, you should take advantage of the fact that you can wear a robe! no GoV, get nailah's instead. and crown of zahur is butt ugly :/)

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe well i dont mind a vest really. Wearing a vest currently and hasnt bothered me so far :).

The crown i dont think looks that ugly.

Btw whats a good spot to farm nowadays. Drops and money make wise. Im still unbotted. Ill get a bot but not yet.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Hehe well i dont mind a vest really. Wearing a vest currently and hasnt bothered me so far :).

The crown i dont think looks that ugly.

Btw whats a good spot to farm nowadays. Drops and money make wise. Im still unbotted. Ill get a bot but not yet.

If you want money there are two quest lines that will provide alot of cash:
The Minotaur quest, the walk through I used was a translation from italian found here.

The dragon quest will also provide alot of cash and loot. Unfortunately they periodically change them. You can try and see what quests are available. There is an old quest guide here.

You can also use an enchanter to farm in ToA for Afrits but you really need ML9 and a bot to be efficient. (ToA has changed massively since you last played)

Classes of Camelot - News is a good source of information. Its a shame I an unable to play at the moment. I have alot of stuff on hib on the german servers and could have helped you out.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
About the dragon quests. Yeah been thinking if i should do them or not. Longgggg chain but from what i understand you still get at oken for an armor piece which is kinda nice though you need a group which sux.

I'd rather have some spot where i can make cash and at the same time have a chance on drops that sell well.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Is this template better then with the robe and croc ring ?
Though i have no idea what the limit is on those 5th slot toa bonusses on crafted items.

Stats:

Str: 0 Int: 100 Hits: 280
Con: 83 Pie: 0 Power: 0
Dex: 101 Cha: 0
Qui: 0 Emp: 0

Cap Increases:

Str : 0 Int : 25 Hits : 88
Con: 9 Pie : 0 Power : 11
Dex : 26 Cha : 0
Qui : 0 Emp : 0

Resists:

Crush: 26 Heat: 25 Body: 24