Should I get NTL or BT?

S

Scouse

Probably a non-starter really as I'm already leaning to NTL 'cause I can also get my phone and telly through them, but:

I've just bought a house in Nottingham, and want to get everything plumbed in (and the house wired up with CAT5) before I move in.

Regrettably leaving a Telewest area - so how does NTL stack up against BT.

Do you guys have *ANY* concerns about NTL in performance/pricing/customer service stakes?

Give me a shout people!! :)

E

Embattle

NTL is more problematic than Telewest but I would still take them over BT.

S

ShockingAlberto

I've heard NTL's cable is really poor in Nottingham(High pings/packet loss), allthough i wouldn't know... :(

W

Will

I heard the same about Coventry, though they are upgrading all their UBR's to try to improve the situation.

Ask other people in the area how their service is running.

B

bids

Pretty good for me in Leicester, and their custoner service seems to have improved too - pings in Q3/UT are in the region 20-30 normally.

S

Scouse

I'd love to ask anyone in the area to see how it is - but I don't know anyone in the area ......

Shit pings n packetloss :(

S

ShockingAlberto

Originally posted by bids
Pretty good for me in Leicester, and their custoner service seems to have improved too - pings in Q3/UT are in the region 20-30 normally.
Leicester...?

Be silent Leicesterling :D

B

bids

Originally posted by ShockingAlberto

Leicester...?

Be silent Leicesterling :D

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigers :)

(I apparently use the Notts UBR - according to their Support.)

T

TossMonkey

NTL is good up here in Bolton, I have 0 packet loss in UT. And my download rate is always a constant 50 or 60kb/sec. :)

M

Maljonic

isn't ntl more expensive than bt though for the same speed?

O

old.fat

I use NTL down here in the south and so far, if I did have problems, there technical help desk was very fast and accurate in solving my problems. Also as long as you have the kit already, you phone them up and they activate you almost imeadiatly, no 2 - 3 week wait like BT.
Also as far as the con goes, I have never had a problem in the slightest as far as loss/speed is concered.
Overall I think cable works out cheaper than Bt, expetionally if you already have tele/phone.
And as far as games are concerned. Cable gets you a better ping rate. My friend nextdoor gets kinda upset when we both join the same UT server to find my ping is 10 - 40 better than his :)

So my vote is for Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom