Should every realm have all the same abilities?

K

kr0n

So, how is it?

Should every realm have all the same abilities. Im not talking about making 3 identical realms, that would be boring, Im talking about making every ability in game available for all realms.

AE stun, Instant AE Mez, End regen, etc. All these abilities which aint available in all 3 realms. Should they be spread out in other realms aswell? EG Give group end regen to Friar, Instant AE mez to Sorcs instead of castable, etc etc. And should every spell be the same on each realm? EG DD+Snare on Mid is 1500 range, when its 1350 on Hib and Alb.

Upsides
No one could whine about "we dont have <insert ability> thus we lost".
Every realm would be on the same line when talking about RvR.

Downsides
That would make the game less unique for each realm.

Opinions? Notes? Official statements?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by kr0n

No one could whine about "we dont have <insert ability> thus we lost".
Every realm would be on the same line when talking about RvR.

Heh, counter-argument: Nearsight and GTAoE

Lots of people were whining that it was unfair to Albion because noone played cabalists or earth wizards.

I like variety :) as long as it's fairly even.

S

SFXman

Well I think that it pretty much evens out except on Prydwen we just can't see how it is with the hibs due to their underpopulation. However uniqueness makes this game so wonderful... it would be quite boring to have very similar or exactly the same types of realms. Now we have to learn to know the other realms strengths and weaknesses adding a hell-of-a-lot of strategy.
Keep the uniqueness, let them whine.

D

Danya

Re: Re: Should every realm have all the same abilities?

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Heh, counter-argument: Nearsight and GTAoE

Lots of people were whining that it was unfair to Albion because noone played cabalists or earth wizards.

I like variety :) as long as it's fairly even.

The point is they are available, even if no one chooses to use them. Currently Midgard is the only realm to get insta AE mez and stun, the only realm with AE stun at all in fact. Bards get insta AE mez and druids insta AE root in later patches, Albion gets cleric's pbae mez nerfed. :p

K

klavrynd

In midgard the main cc class in the healer, whereas you have sorc as main cc class in alb. Clerics do have a way to do damage giving them more rvr viability after all.

How many healers do you see in emain after all?

B

Bodzilla

They only gave up cos the thanes AoEing did the healers' heads in :)

C

Coren

Originally posted by klavrynd

How many healers do you see in emain after all?

Not much, but still a lot more than you'll see sorcs. :)

J

j000 d000d

Problem is when adding a skill to a class atm could make it much stronger.

E

Eblessair

In short, no.
what would be the point of having three realms, completely identical apart from races?

O

old.Sami

No way.. that would be stupid. I would like to see even more variety in the game. I don't really care if some class is stronger than the other or even one realm is generally stronger than others..Im happy if I sometimes win, sometimes lose, even if I lose more often than win (which I do, btw.. hib/pryd). That makes the wins feel much better.

Now that you mentioned it, ppl complain that leveling in hib is a pain.. has anyone ever thought that hib also has the end regen song and mother of PBAE nukes (actually 2 classes with pbae)?? You need a good group to lvl in hib and the xp flows in...

S

Sarnat

Without even reading the whole thread, the short answer is: no

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom