Should consoles forum be further up the display list?

Should we move the consoles forum up the display list?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As per topic... sensible comments only please...

Will

/bin/su
I subscribe to all the forums in use in my User Control Panel, so moving it wouldn't affect me. So I don't really have an opinion. More people should use the User CP though. ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Back in the day on BW it was low down because gaming there was PC central. Here I don't think that's the case. I think it should go below Techie and above FPS.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Well, in any case, the Sims forum is more or less defunct. Wasting space, so if anything it should be above that. And so should the RTS forum.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
What Meg said, heck, the RPG forums likely need amalgamating also, all except DAoC i imagine.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes and I would like so see a little more stringent moderating in there too, on a couple of occasions now things have gone too far and nothing seems to happen even after 'bad post' reports are filed. You are always going to get heated debate but it pisses me off when people resort outright abusing of others because they can't see eye to eye.

Poag

m00?
Console attract more and more, so probably move it up to just Above the Action/FPS games section

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
cHodAX said:
Yes and I would like so see a little more stringent moderating in there too, on a couple of occasions now things have gone too far and nothing seems to happen even after 'bad post' reports are filed. You are always going to get heated debate but it pisses me off when people resort outright abusing of others because they can't see eye to eye.
The Console Forums are moderated. All reported posts are checked.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Will said:
I subscribe to all the forums in use in my User Control Panel, so moving it wouldn't affect me. So I don't really have an opinion. More people should use the User CP though. ;)

Cant say more than that.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will said:
Actually iirc it'd move it "up" in your User CP, so it would affect you :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
MYstIC G said:
The Console Forums are moderated. All reported posts are checked.

Hmm I don't know how to reply to that then to be honest, I have made at least 2 'bad post' reports in the last 6 weeks or so and nothing was done. That said it was Bodhi and he seems to walk on water around here.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
In respect of the Console section, you've made one report in total in August, which I reviewed and didn't agree with.

The only other recent one you've made that I can see seems to be in connection with General which was reviewed by A N Other (who I presume also didn't agree).

Unfortunately as helpful as the "Report Post" button is, and as much as it encourages the community to mod itself (or grass each other up), there will always be times when the reporter and the moderator don't agree.

As for Bodhi, he's nothing special afaic. If you read the forums though you'd know he's a devoted sony fanboy who's not afraid to be vocal if anyone says anything remotely disparaging like "some japs are really short"

Hope that helps.
Meg.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
...and further to Meg's post, we don't need to be so anal about people outside of the DAOC forums as they usually know where they are wrong and don't persist... not an us and them statement, just fact.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
In my humble opinion you should stop cocking about with the locations of sub forums, its getting a bit confusing.:cheers:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What JBP said, I don't care if active forums are at the top of bottom of the forum view. If people dont like scrolling they should buy a bigger monitor.

And if you want a constructive argument, if you move the active forums to the top you will see an even bigger drop in use of the less active forums. People will forget they are there, and not scroll down to see if anything is new. Having active forums spread out forces people to look through the board -unless you are Will and use the usercp of course.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
What JBP said, I don't care if active forums are at the top of bottom of the forum view. If people dont like scrolling they should buy a bigger monitor.

And if you want a constructive argument, if you move the active forums to the top you will see an even bigger drop in use of the less active forums. People will forget they are there, and not scroll down to see if anything is new. Having active forums spread out forces people to look through the board -unless you are Will and use the usercp of course.

I shouldn't have to move my eyes that much!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
stop moving things......or I may just bloody move them back

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
That would essentially... suck donkey balls. Consoles is more popular than 90% of the crap above it, yet its stuck down the bottom.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Where it is still seen and still used. So what difference would moving it make?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well the poll has closed with nothihng between the aye's and nay's... not setting about trying to make work for myself so I see no compelling reason to change it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually if you look at Sir Frizz post and his vote and count it appropriately then you've got some work to do boyo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom