Should alcamists/spellcrafters get access to woodworking/fletching?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thinking about it, if you go alchamist or spellcrafter, you do not get woodworking as a secondary skill as many of the other professions do.

Before It didnt bother me but now with the keep repairing bonuses that Mythic have implemented, it mgiht be a good idea to add woodworking to Spellcrafters/Alchies

Any thoughts?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
My first thoughts on this were :-

Allow SC/Alch access to the woodworking skill (or) make the /repair skill be based on siege craft instead of woodworking - this would allow SC/Alch access to help out in the frontier.

But on reflection I think i'd prefer mythic to unlock the restrictions on secondary crafts, so one character could be come a LGM Everything.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
My first thoughts on this were :-

Allow SC/Alch access to the woodworking skill (or) make the /repair skill be based on siege craft instead of woodworking - this would allow SC/Alch access to help out in the frontier.

Nice idea

However I think the lgm on every character is a bit op.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I cant see how a LGM everything would be over powered - people can easily just create a L5 alt then do another craft on that character.

One other change I would really like would be the feature to flag my account as LGM rather than just the character who is the crafter. With the game in its current state many players that want to offer a craft to the community are no longer actively playing those characters, for example :-

My druid is a LGM spellcrafter and /setwho trade : Im always willing to accept orders but I hardly play this character now. I would love it if when people do a "/who spellcraft" they see whatever character I am playing.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
My druid is a LGM spellcrafter and /setwho trade : Im always willing to accept orders but I hardly play this character now. I would love it if when people do a "/who spellcraft" they see whatever character I am playing.

I don't think I would.

When I want to do spellcrafting, I switch my /setwho to trade as my wizzy. I normally get enough orders in 30 minutes that I'll be busy making them for 3-5 hours, so switch it off again.

Darzil

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I don't think I would.

When I want to do spellcrafting, I switch my /setwho to trade as my wizzy. I normally get enough orders in 30 minutes that I'll be busy making them for 3-5 hours, so switch it off again.

Darzil

So if there is a global flag to show you are a crafter - just turn it off when you don't want to craft :) I'd love a global flag so when playing my ranger people know i'm still taking SC orders.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I think a new line called "Seige repair" should be introduced, and should be leveled similar to other crafts, but obviously with better increases in skilling due to how often people actually repair, for eg:

Wall repair on level 1 keep = 1 skill point
Wall repair on Level 9 keep = 5 skill points
Create seige item = 1 point
Combine seige = 5 points

Or they could just make the "seigecraft" spec more useful along these lines, as this is available to all, and stop the requirement for you having woodwork as a skill for these repairs.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
I think a new line called "Seige repair" should be introduced, and should be leveled similar to other crafts, but obviously with better increases in skilling due to how often people actually repair, for eg:

Wall repair on level 1 keep = 1 skill point
Wall repair on Level 9 keep = 5 skill points
Create seige item = 1 point
Combine seige = 5 points

Or they could just make the "seigecraft" spec more useful along these lines, as this is available to all, and stop the requirement for you having woodwork as a skill for these repairs.

Souns good

Anyone have the mythic feedback form ?;)

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
hehe would like to see tnn when people start training this skill up =)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Zaffa said:
hehe would like to see tnn when people start training this skill up =)

How so?

You just make catapult shot to level siege

Mey

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
How so?

You just make catapult shot to level siege

I remeber when my mate was leveling his siege and he kept making siege weapons, Dom was covered in them, Idoit..

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say, make crafting account based, and not character based. that way if you achieve LGM with toon A, you'll be able to craft thesame stuff with Toon B. It might not be fully roleplay, since charater B didn't actually study it but it saves you from the annoying relogging all the time and you don't have to do everything over again, which is a bitch with the current crafting system.

Also with this system ofcourse you'll need it to be totally free in all crafts, not limited to 1 main craft

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
god dammit Thadius, you have been making shitloads of polls recently!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
old.Whoodoo said:
That would get my vote.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
OR, and I know this is just so INSANE, base repairing off your main tradeskill!

CRAZY I KNOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom