Shopping...

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Just come back from a 3 hour shopping trip. Girlfriend was looking for an outfit for an interview this week. Anyhow while standing in each of the 6 shops she visited I could not help but notice:

+ When a guy stands alone in a shop (gf is off trying on some clothes), the female assistance's will *always* make a habit of coming near you to check their stock. No matter where I stood one came over in a "I'm watching you, do not shoplift" kind of manner. By the 3rd shop I was getting edgy and probably making myself look out of place.

What can a guy do for the 10-15 minutes waiting for gf in the changing rooms?

+ While in Debenhams, she needed the toilet so we headed over and there was a massive queue. As I waited in the nearby kids toy section (some cool stuff out now btw) I saw the queue gradually get shorter until it had dissappeared. While there was no queue not one woman made a move to the toilet? Question is why do women always seem to go to the toilet at the same time??

Had to get that off my chest. Now I can relax. Shopping is hell...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
SAS said:
What can a guy do for the 10-15 minutes waiting for gf in the changing rooms?

Go in with her? ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Um, shopping for an interview?! For... another job?!

(btw Scott, the pm that she sent me the other day regarding the N64 pad, that's a definite yes. If she could bring it into work tonight I'll give her some moolah. Thanks!)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I have no idea why all the women go to the toilet at the same time, it's jsut one of lifes mysteries.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We have a twobicle in the ladies at work to cater for the groups (or pairs at least), they really like it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You must look like a crim. Never had any problems regarding people thinking I'm shoplifting...

Wazzadvice: Remove tatoos, take piercings out of face, use hair products.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I dont like shopping. I NEVER take JBP with me so we do not get into the situation you are describing.

As for the loo thing, I avoid any loo which isn't in my own home and I would never go with someone else.

*wonders if I am female at all at times*

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Am like a terminator when i go shopping, grab this grab that then am out and on my way back home.

I do most of my shopping online now, only thing i really go the shops for is clothes shopping and food shopping.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I used to have the exact same problem Scott. Of course my solution came when I chucked the bitch out of my house, probably not what you're looking for really :)

I've yet to go shopping with my new girl, but she assures me up front that it will be hell. So at least I'm prepared :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Here's a question. How do you persuade your missus that they would be happier shopping without you ?

kanonfodda

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
Here's a question. How do you persuade your missus that they would be happier shopping without you ?

Tell them they look awful in anything they try on*
chat up the shop assistants*

*may cause loss of privelidges(sp?)/limbs

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
I like some newer shops that cater for the man by putting seats near the changing rooms with magazines such as top gear, maxim and the such, so when the lady comes out and asks your opion you can grunt your approval without having to look up from the magazine, good thinking shop designers! :clap:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'd still rather be at home with a b33r and a cable modem. I need some way of persuading Mrs Wij that shopping is way more fun on her own. Some way that doesn't involve me getting loss of oats too.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Do what I do.

Spaz out everytime you go, lose your rag at people who bump into you, buy loads of useless crap.

Samm goes on her own now, its way easier for her.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don't think that would work. I'd just get bollocked :) I need to persuade her that she would enjoy it more :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I think it took my Dad a good 20 years to persude my mum of this fact. Now when they go in town, she looks in her shops and he looks around GAME, HMV and all the bargin shops and comes away with a load of crap :)

Maybe he should still go shopping with my mum. Save them a fortune :)

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Deacan said:
Am like a terminator when i go shopping, grab this grab that then am out and on my way back home.

Just don't take this too far - otherwise you'll end up going round asking the shop assistants if they're "Seerah Connor".

And that would just get you strange looks...

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
even worse would be if he went naked asking people for their clothes! :(

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
How to explain to a woman that they'll be happier without a grumpy man tagging along? Just say it. She only wants your opinion because she wants to make sure you like what shes buying.
Shopping on your own is no fun though, so you'd better be able to come up with an alternative shopping buddy, or it'll be a lost cause. ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
How can shopping be no fun on your own ? Surely that means you can go when and where you like. teh win imo.

Obviously a woman thing :(

I think I need to turn ane of her feamle friends into a shopping buddy then. How ?

Yoni

I hate shopping with other people...... give bribe her by giving her money if she goes on her own?

JBP does not do this however I used to give my ex husband money to go shopping on his own and it worked a treat \o/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I always end up buying stuff for myself, and dragging her round the shops I want :)

Lingerie shopping with a girl is always good as well.

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
Shopping is a full day's activity. And since it involves some standing in queues, and other boring stuff, you need someone to chat to. Us women also like to hae other people comment on/suggest outifts etc. On your own it would be so lonely...

As for making a friend into a shopping buddy, try to think of someone she gossips with for hours on the phone, then sugest they go shopping together. If necessary drive them into town, and leave them there, only returning to pick up them + bags in the evening. Hopefully she'll have had a much better time shopping without you, and she'll never look back.

Yoni

oooooooooo not for me it isn't and I am female. Shopping takes a couple of hours at the most. I ususally know exactly what I want before I leave the house I walk into town buy it and get home asap.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yoni said:
oooooooooo not for me it isn't and I am female. Shopping takes a couple of hours at the most. I ususally know exactly what I want before I leave the house I walk into town buy it and get home asap.

I love you !

*cry*

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Wij

Pretend you have severe shits for the next 3 shopping occasions... make her wait around pointlessly outside the toilets while you sit on your arse and revel in the revenge.

I can't see this not working, should end up getting you out of it. You might need to rub a little poo in your pants for smell effect too.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I love you too Yoni! if I give you my gf's mobile number will you call her and tell her to stop faffing about please ;)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
May take mine down to Londinium tomorrow. Although I think I'll wait till after to tell her the new Credit cards have arrived.

Oh and I should really be preparing for my interview on Thursday. Guess we'll have to stop off at a pub somewhere to get shit faced as well :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Ok, shall go to the City of Dreams then. St. Albans!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom